full body work out

i've been working out for about 9 months and i have seen results

everytime i lift i do chest/tri's, back/bi's, shoulders, legs, bi/tri on individual days. my question is how do i do a full body workout? like how many exercises per body part, how many sets and what not.

thanks in advance

brett

Hello MarginWalker79,

For a full body workout, in general cases it would be about 8 to 14 exercises that are compound exercises, such as Bench Press, and then about 1 to 2 sets and about 12 to 15 reps. After you get used to it, you can work up the sets and rep numbers to make a variation within your training (so you do not plateau) and also change the exercises. Remember, try and aim for exercises that workout more than one body part, such as Squats. Also, make your time in the gym around 45 minutes, do not go over an hour. I hope this helped. If you need more help, feel free to ask.

Hello Margin,

Heres an example:

Squats

Bench Press

Seated Calf Raises

Barbell Curls

Tricep Extensions

Weighted Ab Crunch

Dumbbell Shrugs

Deadlift

Barbell Rows

Each workout you can do 1 to 2 sets since you are just starting. Also repetition range about 12 to 15. Don't forget to do a warm up before each one, that doesn't constitute a set and thats why I didnt say 2 to 3 sets instead.

I hope that helped. If you have more questions, feel free to ask. Have a good day.

I think kollision gave a good workout. Here's a rough guide of full body workout I do sometimes: (go for one set of each exercise til failure)

pushups (or bench press)

crunches (or weighted situps, ab machine, etc)

pullups (or lat bar)

one leg squats (or leg press)

calf presses or raises

twisting crunches

rows

deadlifts

dips

side crunches

wrist curls

flyes

shrugs

shoulder press

I think full body workouts are a great thing to do.

I would do only 1 exercise per muscle group, do 1-3 sets per exercise.

The order of the exercises is quite important, depending on your primary targets. For instance i'd recommend to do squats early in the workout, when your back is still fresh, and bent over rowing before deadlift and so on.

My workout at the moment for example:

- Bench Press

- Pull-ups

- Squats

- Dips

- Barbell Row

- Barbell press

- Deadlift

- Calves

- Crunches

Greetings,

D.

Rule of thumb is multijoint exercises before single joint exercises, larger muscles before smaller muscles.

Yep, i agree.

Although i think single joint exercises don't have to be included. I usually do them when i have a split program, not in a FBW.

OO ya you got that right. I was just pointing it out, but thanks again for clarifying just in case someone got confused.