Nice news article on low fat vegan diet and cancer

9nines

That's pretty cool, except for this:

"Vegan is a term that distinguishes pure vegetarians from those who eat poultry, fish or dairy products."

Yeah, not quite accurate. But it's good to see this kind of info in the news anyway.

The NY Times Magazine had an article about nutritionism. Its bottom line was "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." A lot of the points were the same as in the China Study, about how we have all become confused about what is healthy and what is not because 'nutritionism' has focused on isolated nutrients instead of whole foods. His bottom line was not 'go vegan' like the China Study's was, but he did say that people should radically cut down on animal products and that plants, especially leaves, should be the basis of one's diet.

My parents have cut down on their animal products because I gave them the China Study. I know they won't go vegan, but cutting down is a good step. And my mom is lending the China Study and the NY Times article to people at work. I think this info will slowly spread.

That's pretty cool, except for this:

"Vegan is a term that distinguishes pure vegetarians from those who eat poultry, fish or dairy products."

So now "vegan" means "vegetarian" and "vegetarian" means not much?

I tried to contact the paper (the 'contact us" button on the lower left side) to correct this, but can't seem to get a form to contact them with. If anybody else can, let me know how you did it. (It is erroneous info that needs to be countered.)

well, that's what happen when a lot of ignorants try going vegetarian when they barely know the meaning of it: they end up giving people the wrong image of what vegetarianism is. it sucks!

well, at least they're telling people some of the good things about veganism. =)

What's the China study?

Personally I think we are the only true vegetarians...vegans are vegetarians that care about animals and/or the environment...if you eat what is seen as a vegan diet for health nothings wrong with you but your a vegetarian not a vegan and you should not be looked down on...people that eat cheese, eggs and the occational boca burger are not vegetarians(ovo lacto is the same thing as noto vegetarian)