What's good to start the day?

Rex

I've been gone for awhile. Ever since I started school, bodybuilding has been sorta of difficult for me to keep up. Now since I quitted my job to focus more at school; I thought it'd be a good idea to keep up with bodybuilding again. I was wondering what should I eat in the morning before leaving to school. I usually can't eat a lot, or I'll end up throwing up. I don't know if that's because of me eating too fast(sometimes running out of time) or my body is just starting up (sometimes I compare it to a computer, when you first boot up your computer it's slow and takes forever to open up programs until you wait for it to be on completely) I don't know if I'm really making a point here lol. Usually what I eat is a bowl of granola or oatmeal with soymilk. When I'm at school I usually eat one to two fruits and one granola bar, til I get home at 5:30. I was wondering if there are any other meals I can have instead of just a bowl of granola and soymilk that can help me stay awake and give me more energy until 5:30?

• 1 month later...
i have the same problem, waking up 5:30 to catch a bus at 6:20 it sucks... but i usually eat fruits for my breakfast.. they're easier to digest and to prepare and they don't make you hungry 2 hours later like peanut butter sandwiches.. lol

Fruits are best!! If you want add a few nuts or seeds in with the fruits but regardless you should eat fruit every morning and with every meal of the day, but definitely in the mornings!

I usually do a smoothie...Ed introduced me to the wonderful idea of adding oats to your smoothies, now I put 450 calories worth in mine X_x. He said "you only need a little." I said..."I put in a cup and a half?"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I always put it in straight out of the box.

What's also pretty good, is either some hemp protein or veg, throw in some fruit, couple of figs and blend it with water. It's a good start. Even though you are using water, it still is calorie rich.

Patrick

I make sure I put the oats in first and turn it on high so they get really broken down...if you do it later in the process you'll wind up chewing oat...which isn't a bad thing but I'd rather have it creamy.