Forum News Announcement Jan 31st, 2007

robert

Hello everyone,

This is just a quick announcement to let you know about a few news items. As you know, I only send out mass e-mails every few months, less than 6 times year at my current rate. So don’t worry about it clogging up e-mail.

NEWS

I finally completed the work that went into getting the Summer Shape-Up Challenge voting ready to go.

Voting started on Jan 31st and will go through Feb 13th. Please support our fellow forum members who worked very hard for 12 weeks to improve their health and fitness.

They all had amazing results!

Please visit the following link, and VOTE!

viewtopic.php?t=5652

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I set the Relationships – Personals – Vegan Dating page to require login to view, per request from our forum community.

You will now need to be a registered member and logged in to view that part of our forum.

We have been going in a different directly lately. We are still a Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness website, but our focus has been on community building and it has been going very well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had over 1,600 posts in just the last few days, making us one of the most popular vegan forums out there, at least this week.

I have found that no matter how hard I try, (and I think I’ve tried harder than anyone) it is just very hard to find other vegan bodybuilders. I know of about 10 vegans who compete on a bodybuilding stage. On the other hand, we have hundreds of members who are here for the community. I know it will bother a few of you that we are moving away from bodybuilding a little bit, but after 5 years of pouring all of my energy into it, I have to now go another direction. I decided that months ago and started hosting community events and my 2nd event I ever hosted drew more than 1,000 people and was a $10,000+ production (costs were recovered by sponsors and admission fees).

We will still chat a lot about bodybuilding and fitness on here, but you may slowly see a change in forum sections to fit our audience better. I personally will still be competing as a Vegan Bodybuilder and promoting the lifestyle on a larger scale than anyone I know. I’m just learning to listen to the community and do what is best for everyone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the past couple of months we have had a RAW food and lifestyle section. It has been one of the most popular areas on the forum since its inception.

Visit the section here:

viewforum.php?f=35

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Vegan Vacation is coming up. So far it looks like about 30 of you will make the trip and a bunch of others are here in the Portland area and will most likely participate.

At the moment, it looks like we’re aiming for July 28-August 6 in Portland, Oregon USA.

Please visit the current most popular section on the forum for more details:

viewforum.php?f=36

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At least 4 of us entered Peta’s Sexiest Vegetarian Contest.

We’ll keep people updated if any of us here back from them and make the top 10. Thanks for the support.

Visit this section to see photos and to learn about this contest:

viewforum.php?f=26

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to give a special thanks to loveliberate who is our new Admin and has been helping me a lot!

I’d also like to say thanks to Michelle, Richard, Odidnetne, and CollegeB for being moderators on the forum. Everyone has been doing an awesome job and it is appreciated very much.

Thanks to all of you who are members and make this a fun place to network, learn, share ideas and have fun!

All the best!

Robert Cheeke

President

Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

[email protected]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now go out and vote for our Shape-Up Challenge members in the Fitness and Training section of the forum!

viewtopic.php?t=5652

Cool, thanks. I threw it together in about 7 minutes. In the past with Big Newsletters I spent days on it.

I always thought people would be annoyed by them, but I've been finding that people enjoy them. Especially when I list fitness and nutrition tips, quotes, recipies, news items, member benefits, etc.

I think we might work on a quarterly newsletter with a bit of bulk to it and offer discounts with certain companies or products, etc. So more than just news, but helpful and useful stuff.

Yes Tigress, your top 50 position in total posts hasn't gone un-noticed Well done. See you at 1000 soon, or no Vegan Vacation for you!

I personally won't be moving too far away from it. I'll still be the top promoter of the lifestyle and will still compete, be in magazines, etc. But yeah, the forum is moving a different direction, that's all

It has been for a while now, despite the fact that many of us still continue to lift weights.

I am going to continue with lifting and seeing if my body will transform well enough for me to compete as an amateur bodybuilder. I have always loved bodybuilding and started to despair a little when I became vegan, but this site has helped immensely in encouraging me to continue to strive.

Awesome!

More and more are getting up on stage this year. Glad this site has been helpful.

We'll try to use the bodybuilding section more too.

I suggest www.inbf.net and www.naturalbodybuilding.com

There are other natural federations too. I just don't have their info on the top of my head at the moment.

I like the idea of doing a quarterly or monthly newsletter. Of course it adds more to my already full plate, but I think we enough contributing writers, this could be pretty sweet!

Maybe I'll start a new thread about it soon.

• 2 weeks later...
I'd like to thank compassionategirl and Daywalker for being moderators previously.

I 2nd that. by the way, what happened to Daywalker? did i miss something?

Nah, you didn't miss anything. I exchanged email with Buzz over the weekend. The cult boys are just busy with other projects currently and haven't been online much.

I'd like to thank compassionategirl and Daywalker for being moderators previously.

Nah, you didn't miss anything. I exchanged email with Buzz over the weekend. The cult boys are just busy with other projects currently and haven't been online much.

Ah, good to know. Last we'd talked about it, you hadn't heard anything. Glad things are fine over the pond.

what, those blokes can't stop eating for 5 minutes to post how things are going over there? what will be left of Daywalker's body when his tour there is done? i hear they have '6 pack to spare tire' program that is supposed to be legendary.