Ideas for more contests or challenges on the forum?

robert

I'm relieved to get the Summer Shape-Up Challenge Results up! It is really cool to see. I'd like to see other challenges, but just not organize them. I'd love to sponsor them, provide prizes, etc.

I know there is a 6-month challenge going on now, but it could be anything from pull-ups to push-ups, etc. We could require a video for verification or just take people's word for it, or do more photo body transformation challenges, or a raw food challenge, or anything.

Any ideas? Better yet, anyone want to take the initiative and start one like Lelle did? As long as it doesn't conflict with his contest, it should be cool.

It could even involve cycling, running, anything really.

I'm inspired to say Watermelon eating, because I know it would be a challenge with some of the eaters on here, and because I'm killing a whole watermelon in one sitting.

Yeah! The Whole Watermelon Eater's club. I joined it last night! At least, that's how I kicked off the evening feast... there were a few bananas and huge handful of chocolate covered almonds after that. (It was an insanely strenuous night at work and I'd come home ravenous.)

Robert, I like the idea of more contests... they're fun!

It would be cool to do something like who can bench the most or do the heaviest bicep curl. Obviously you would do a mens and womens category.

I also like the idea of doing a running contest. I think a good distance would be two miles.

as a new member I would definitely like to participate! Running, Swimming, weight loss/muscle gain...I'm down!

at the moment there is a contest going on (just check the general bodybuilding section). you still can take part - the contest is running until july 1th, so you would have only missed a few weeks

some ideas:

maybe some sort of fruit fast?

some sort of vegan research paper?

A tanning contest?

A natural clothing contest?

Food art contest(make some piece of art out of vegan foods)?

coaching challenge(coach a newbie)?

vegan cooking challenge?

Short story vegan challenge?

invent an excersize contest?

Restricted eating contest(eat only what is on the list)?

Addictions/Habits challenge(break free from your addictions or habits challenge)?

no tv challenge?

I dunno.

Peanut butter eating is of utmost importance...for time and volume, and one for volume in a given time(3 different contests)

Soymilk drinking contest

Soymilk chugging relay

Pizza eating contest is also important...maybe even cheesecake

Keep the ideas coming!

We can't always rely on Vega and Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness to sponsor everything, but we'll try to sponsor most!

I'll also recruit other sponsors, as I did with VeganEssentials.

Thanks for the ideas, we'll go with some of them!

The problem with the sexiest forum member is that if I enter I automatically win...and as for the other contest...forum members that have met me can attest I will win that one by an even larger margain.

I eat slow. Can I make a four-hour movie and then speed it up?

Well, That would allow for too much digestion time. We should make a 20 minute time limit or something. I just ate 3 cans of garbanzo beans, I feel like I could eat 3 more.

Peanut butter eating is of utmost importance...for time and volume, and one for volume in a given time(3 different contests)

Soymilk drinking contest

Soymilk chugging relay

Pizza eating contest is also important...maybe even cheesecake

I ate a jar of peanut butter in 90 seconds once.

Ed's 90second peanut butter record may be the only vegan eating record I may not be able to beat(I could if I was drinking a lot of liquids but not without them)...oh...of course there must be a soy dog eating contest