Ideas for more contests or challenges on the forum?

robert

We could do "The Best Booty". Whoever has the sexiest/most muscular butt wins.

Sexy, muscular butts are quite nice. I'm also fond of big, round fat one's too, though, so I might get confused and throw the whole competition off by voting for a fat one instead. Is it worth the risk?

Several people mentioned doing a running contest. Over at coolrunning.com, they used to have a "Virtual Race Across America" every couple months. People would divide into teams, log their miles, and see which team gets furthest in a given amount of time (usually around one month). There were some neat variations thrown in as well, like bonus points for racing or fast workouts.

I was the organizer of two coolrunning VRAA's, and would be willing to put something together if there's interest. Of course, it's all done on the honour policy, and prizes are bragging rights only!

I couldn't beat 90 on a jar of peanut butter eithre. But if its a pizza eating contest I'll beat you all

I've eaten 2 extra large pizzas on many occations(the first time was when I was 14) and that is back to back...not throughout a day

i can do that peanut butter jar in 90 seconds thing, but i would actually need to put the peanut butter all out in a bowl. the actual scooping out of the jar is what is time consuming. especially if you're actually talking about cleaning. plus, was this smooth or crunchy, because that make a big difference.

and for pizza, i've eaten a whole new york style 24" pizza in 2 minutes 20 seconds. but it was only cheese and tomatos for a topping. and i was 11 and going through a big growth spurt. (and obviously not yet vegan whn i did it).

anyway, i think the eating contests on video are fun, but i have this terrible feeling that videos of Odidnetne or me eating jars of peanut butter in 90 seconds would be all over youtube!

@Robert: how about an endurance challenge that actually involves a hold. like how long can someone plank out on 1 arm and 1 foot only? or how long can someone hold a squat with knees and hips at perfect 90 degree angles? these are things that can actually be put on video and will i doubt be longer than 10-15 minutes tops because blood flow starts to force people out of holds like this.

also, you could do something with a standard cardio machine that everyone's gym would have where the proof would be a photo of the person on the machine and a photo of the stats at the end when the machine displays cals, strides per minute, distance, etc. a kind of indoor endurance or speed race that would actually have verifiable proof.