That old fashioned bloated feeling

robert

Lately I've been pretty bloated (gassy) and I'm not sure why. I have been eating quite a few beans, but it started before that. I used to eat about 5000 calories a day of all kinds of foods including fruits with heavy proteins, etc. without being mindful of proper food combing or anything like that.

I used to be able to handle it but lately I've been more sensitive. My roommate thinks its a cleansing process because I'm eating more raw. But I'm not totally raw and some days I'm not very raw, other days I am mostly raw.

I used to just think my digestive system wasn't very good, but now I'm thinking that being bloated and digestion may not be as connected as I thought. I've been eating a lot of fruits, hemp protein, etc., things that should digest easily and quickly. So maybe digestion is good but I'm having some sort of reaction to a certain type of foods. I've nearly completely cut out soy and did that many months ago.

I may look into aloe gel or liquid to help with digestion and trying to reduce the bloated feeling I've been having lately. It makes it harder to workout when my stomach is upset.

Anyone have any suggestions to cut down on the bloated feeling? I still noticed it when I was 100% raw, but that only lasted 57 hours, maybe I need to do it for a longer period?

Thanks.

Until then........

I've never been great with food combining, and maybe I am eating too much starchy stuff. I was thinking I had an allergy to something at first, but I'm not sure.

I'll keep on keeping on and see how things go. I need to eat more like Brendan Brazier. As far as davidtarrfoster is concerned, Brendan has the healthist diet period.

He might be right because Brendan is unbelievably productive. He can train for hours, work for all day, and require little sleep because he recovers so easily and he is providing his body with real energy. When he visits I eat a lot like him, but I need to do that all the time!

I know will does beano. I have a new rule for myself to not eat fruits or starches 2 hrs. before I eat beans, corn, brocoli, and peas. Those foods have caused me a lot of bloat. I also try to eat plenty of rice with beans. I dont eat much corn or peas and i've been good. But when i do eat them i just dont eat a lot of them.

Hey dude-my only advice is GINGER!!

Just eat some raw.A good decent amount.I swear it'll work!

Have some fresh a few times a day as well as tea if you can.

You'll have a whole new respect for this stuff.#1 for this!!

Michelle I'd have prob-that's why there essentiall oil massages.Nothing some lavender can't help in a sec.no?

Good luck...

haha-my twin sis just got a job speciafically JUST pre cutting deli cheese.

So she get's paid to cut the cheese??

Thanks!

I actually bought some ginger today (Brendan eats it all the time) and I'll use it soon and often!

I'll also try going more raw and see how that works for me. I don't eat a lot of raw veggies, but I eat pounds of fruit everday!

Thanks for the tips. I'll continue to experiment.

I agree it is a cleansing process..

I think next year, to avoid this, I am going to go "liquidarian" or at least

"blend all of my raw food-arian", for the Winter months.

My digestive fire has been so lowsy lately. It has been for a month or more.. lots of circular motions help(hulahooping, poi spinning, cycling)

But it seems like my body just doesn't want to digest anything.

It wants a break.

Anyhow, that might explain why you're under the weather now.

I definitely believe it is the body telling you something...

Proper food combining will absolutely help!

Try and eat mostly fruits, light early in the day, heavy(avocados) at night.

Allow around 2 hours for fats/proteins to completely digest.

And give everything else in your stomach at least an hour to digest,

before adding something else.

Also, remember, greens combine with everything!