Only in Canada

AVOJAMACADA

I'm sorry but I gotta post this.

Was goin for my mornig run in the woods and stumbled across a wild moose and her calf.I chilled with them for an hour+.I sat 10 feet from them the whole time.An adventure for a morning run is saweeet.

Just amazing creatures...so calm.Yet Intimadating...they're soo power full and BIG.All they eat in winter is trees-just nonstop munching.

Enjoy!

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r304/AVOJAMACADA/pix051.jpg

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r304/AVOJAMACADA/pix050.jpg

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r304/AVOJAMACADA/pix052.jpg

Yeah booooyz!!

Cool-you guys are totaly right!!

Though they say the males in the fall are the #1 killer in the woods in Canada.They get full of hormones and really are koookooo then-for about a month then.It's like night and day.

Sadly I know a trapper who ,justa a while ago, killed one with a hachet.If he didn't then he woulda been toast.These things are huuuge and must must be respected.

But yeah.Oh man I hope they are there again tomorow.They are majic on 4 legs.

Dammmm-were are you guys?Get up here!

Awesome...on my morning runs I'm happy if I get to see a fat person slip getting into a car...well sometimes I get to a squirrels but they are normally carrying trash of some sort

I am gonna be lost when running in a city.I've never done it.

Is there trails or all cememt?

Mooses...Hideous?? hahah-You'd fall in love with them if you could just chill one on one for a while...I swear.I love them soo much!Odly I find them addorable.haha

Cheerios...

maybe looks better personally...

Wow, that is awesome man! I've never seen a moose in person.

I love hanging in the wild with the wildlife. I've been confronted by a big white tail deer, he faced me off from a few meters away while the rest of the herd passed by, then he trotted off to join them. I've also stood silently watching a black bear as he watched me from about 15 meters away.

The silliest thing I did was walking down a country road one moonlit night, it was on a farm and I thought I saw a dog ahead. I was whistling and calling "here boy", then I got a little closer and realized I was trying to get a full-grown black bear to "come here". Dolt!

I am gonna be lost when running in a city.I've never done it.

Is there trails or all cememt?

Mooses...Hideous?? hahah-You'd fall in love with them if you could just chill one on one for a while...I swear.I love them soo much!Odly I find them addorable.haha

Cheerios...

In Richmond there are trails and there is a nice trail about 1.5 miles away from me(there's even a long bridge under a car bridge made just for runners and it goes over a river where there are a few miles of trials)...but also we have 3 parallel roads that make for nice running since there are lots of old historic houses(Richmond is one of the oldest cities in the US)

whata f*** is that??? i've never seen that animal before.. it's hideous..

LMFAO

Come on, I'm all about nature and beauty etc, but I've seen moose and they are scary looking. It's hard to describe how big they are - you gotta see them in person. They're like huge ugly barrels propped up on 4 sticks. I can't believe you hung with them - yer brave. Those beasts are serious arse-kickers.

AWESOME photos, tho. Well done.

Great photos! I need to get out in wilderness again soon! I visit Canada quite a bit and I saw some bears there a few years ago.

Maybe this summer will be a call to the wild for me and I'll get back out there in some sort of crazy natural setting.

Thanks for posting the pics, I've never seen a wild moose in person.

Awesome! I've only seen moose from the car a handful of times. These days I usually only come across squirrels and raccoons. I always put a bear bell on the dog when we run. We get the occasional black bear in our townhouse complex. I was working on a movie at a provincial park last summer and there were about 10 bears hanging around the work trucks eating buttercups in a field. They didn't care about the crew of 60 people eating their lunch 100 feet away. They just wanted to eat their buttercups and lie in the sun. They'd occasionally sneak up on the craft services table and a PA would have to scare them away with an air horn. A PA chased a bear right towards me at one point and I had a bit of a run when it got within about 30 feet. BC black bears are pretty big I discovered!

So cool you got to hang out with wild moose. I love seeing wild animals in their element. Great pics!

Hey boys...thx for taking a look.

Ya know wild animals are something to look after.

Trev-your right.Bears are not "killer's" at all.Like any wild animal they deserve MUCH respect.Bears are the silliest creature or em all.There like little kids.I have very little fear of bears ussually.They geta very bad rep IMO.

Also animals sense alot we can;t/They know instinctively whether or not were a harm to them....To a point of course.

To get these shots above I took an hour alking to and with them..uniting.Gotta be carefull..very very carefull.But the whole time I send them thoughts that I'm here as a freind...an allie.In my experience this has rpoven to be important.

To kill and eat these mystical animals...what a crime.!!

I'll see something else soon and post some more wicked pix.

Van city Sux IMO.

Can't stand the place.Any place is better when campared to there....won't get into why.It has it's goods though.

Haha-Canada has the most wildlife in the world silly.

Cherios..

Interesting to hear that & I'd love to hear why ya have that opinion. VanCity is widely considered to be the best city in the world right now...

Oddly coming from a place about 4000 mikes north of VAN city..it just does NOT appeal to me at all.

I've spent some time there on and off a few years back(when I was 17) and some very bad thiongs happened ...so my opinion is a very biased one for sure BTW.

I think much the same for most Metro Cities.I just can't handlt the way of living in cities.All I can say is that it's were I come from-a very natural,very secluded, virgin place....far far faaaar away from cities(Yukon Canada).

The first time I was in a city (10 years old) I was like crocidile dundee.I was astounded.I always had a dream to see big skyscrapers that i'd see in magazines(didn't have electricity or TV).

But in the city I noticed an un-natural stress in most people.Ego ran 90% of society to me.So honestly I say the same about pretty much all cities-as I've yet to see otherwise.

7 aclock rush hour just ain't my thing.Obviously you can addapt to it but.

Not to come off as a dick butn I can't deny that's what';s goin through my head.Oh well.I'll be spending much much time in cities in the future and I'm learning to like them more and more-bigtime.

I dunno.Sorry for the rant.

Cheers to a saweeet day!!

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience in Vancouver, AVOJAMACADA.

It's funny, I grew up in Toronto, and ever since I moved here I've been calling Vancouver a "small town". My favorite places in the world are cities - Tokyo, Sydney, and New York.

ahah suz-that's funny.I'd LOVE to vist just those places ONCE.Can't deny that.When someone says "across town" and it takes 45 mins DRVING-I know i'm not at home.I mean "223rd ave">Damm...I'm used to 10-20 aves max.lol!!

But if you wana torture me just ship to london,tokyo,or NYC....or hey toronto for that matter.haha.Jkin.

Lata....Dorian