Cannibal Holocaust: a horror film with real animal killings.

xjonfastx

I took this from someone's post on Vegspace.com. And I was going to put it in entertainment but I don't find anything entertaining about it...:

"I had never heard of that movie until I saw clips of it in a Necrophagia DVD. I figured it was a movie about cannibal tribes....and I like horror films, so I put it in my Netflix queue.

I thought I would be seeing a movie about cannibalism.

"It's just a movie."

It seemed there was more animal killing and abuse then anything. I didn't even finish watching it because it became obvious that it was real.

I found this info online:

click to read

The worst that I saw was a few people killing a large turtle...a tortoise. The cut its head off while it was gasping and kicking it's little feet. All that suffering just to make a horror film."

that really fucked up. Recently a girl I went to high school with, who i have always considered a moron, posted a video of some of her friends killing a chicken on youtube and facebook. She is in the peacecorps in moldova, and while I understand people are going to kill and eat animals regardless of my personal beliefs, it was the way they went about it that was upsetting. It was a big joke to them, and when the girl messed it up and partially hacked the chickens head off she was laughing and letting the chicken suffer. People are just so calous.

that really fucked up. Recently a girl I went to high school with, who i have always considered a moron, posted a video of some of her friends killing a chicken on youtube and facebook. She is in the peacecorps in moldova, and while I understand people are going to kill and eat animals regardless of my personal beliefs, it was the way they went about it that was upsetting. It was a big joke to them, and when the girl messed it up and partially hacked the chickens head off she was laughing and letting the chicken suffer. People are just so calous.

And yet somehow "WE'RE" the terrorists.

we're the terrorists because we threaten the existing social order, maybe not with violence, but ideas alone have gotten some things done. Anyhow these animal killers are just supporting and believing in the status quo, therefore they are not terrorists to it.

"Terrorism: deadly violence against humans and other living things, usually conducted by government against its own people." ~ Edward Abbey

Ruggero Deodato later on admitted to being a fool for making this movie, especially because of all the unnecessary killings of animals (but now I'm not so sure any more, as there seems to be a sequel coming out in 2009, according to IMDB, who knows if he ends up leaving them out, but I think the law - or some company like PETA - wouldn't let him go his way). Even though I have only seen CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST once and don't agree with its gratuitous violence towards animals, I think it brings out an important message about our culture: are we the savages or are they, who kill for food? Of course, this might sound like an old-fashioned maxim but, somehow, it remains relevant. Also, at some point in the past, the same director was asked to present his own defense by reproducing the major gory effects before a court, because some people actually believed the human massacres were real.

Ruggero Deodato later on admitted to being a fool for making this movie, especially because of all the unnecessary killings of animals (but now I'm not so sure any more, as there seems to be a sequel coming out in 2009, according to IMDB, who knows if he ends up leaving them out, but I think the law - or some company like PETA - wouldn't let him go his way). Even though I have only seen CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST once and don't agree with its gratuitous violence towards animals, I think it brings out an important message about our culture: are we the savages or are they, who kill for food? Of course, this might sound like an old-fashioned maxim but, somehow, it remains relevant. Also, at some point in the past, the same director was asked to present his own defense by reproducing the major gory effects before a court, because some people actually believed the human massacres were real.
I thought the movie "Cannibal Ferox" was its sequel or some other way related to it. But maybe there will be yet another one...

But otherwise, i agree with you. And this time i'm happy to have downloaded the movie illegally so as not to financially support the makers of these films.

Btw, it has a really catchy soundtrack!

edit: I actually saw this movie a while ago and even did a search in this forum to see if it had been discussed but didn't make a topic that time.

CANNIBAL FEROX was never meant to be an official sequel to CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST but people kind of turned the movie into what they wanted it to be.

I don't think you guys should be pissed off at a movie that was made 27 years ago, as you can't change what happened back then, no matter what you try or say. I mean, we were all meat eaters at some point, but that doesn't mean we have to be judged for, say, the rest of our lives for our deeds. The most important thing for me is to know for sure that he [the filmmaker] has learned from his former blunders.

I don't think you guys should be pissed off at a movie that was made 27 years ago, as you can't change what happened back then, no matter what you try or say. I mean, we were all meat eaters at some point, but that doesn't mean we have to be judged for, say, the rest of our lives for our deeds. The most important thing for me is to know for sure that he [the filmmaker] has learned from his former blunders.

I agree. Everyone can learn from his/her mistakes. It doesn't change the fact that the movie is ing though.