What languages do you speak?

Odidnetne

English, Portuguese ( brazilian ), Spanish..and i might learn how to speak dutch this year. ( hopefully ).

I can understand ( and read ) a bit of italian... but i can't really speak italian. i find it really attractive, that's why it's one of my favorite languages, i wish i knew to speak italian, i really do.

german is really cool, i like how they talk, but it's too complicated..( not a easy language! )...

Edited by andgbr

English.

In high school, I studied Spanish for 4 years and French for 2 years, but can't speak either. I can understand quite a bit of spoken spanish as long as it's not Tex-Mex (oddly, I can understand someone from say Spain or Columbia, but I can't understand my next-door neighbors) and a tiny bit of French. My comprehension is better with reading, sometimes I can actually read enough to understand yahoo news articles in other languages.

Someday, I really want to go spend a couple months in a foreign country so I can become proficient in another language. Actually, I'd like to do that about three or four times.

English.

In high school, I studied Spanish for 4 years and French for 2 years, but can't speak either. I can understand quite a bit of spoken spanish as long as it's not Tex-Mex (oddly, I can understand someone from say Spain or Columbia, but I can't understand my next-door neighbors) and a tiny bit of French. My comprehension is better with reading, sometimes I can actually read enough to understand yahoo news articles in other languages.

Someday, I really want to go spend a couple months in a foreign country so I can become proficient in another language. Actually, I'd like to do that about three or four times.

me neither, even though i can read and speak spanish, i can't understand some mexicans.. they're too fast.. and they use a lot of slang..! lol..

they should stop calling that spanish, mexicans not only have their own accent, but they're starting to create a new language.

Edited by andgbr

English

French a tiny bit (5 years in school a long time ago, but I reckon I could get by with a bit of prompting from a phrase book)

Icelandic a tiny bit (but the pronunciation and grammar are just way way too hard!)

My problem with foreign languages which I do pick up pretty quick if immersed in them is that I can ask the questions, but then everyone speaks too fast so I can't understand the answer!

I'm a native speaker of American English. I majored in French and minored in Spanish and I am trying to learn some Japanese via CD ROM

Japanese is HAARDDD! maybe not so much to speak...but to write it...jeeeese...it's a mission. I feel like a small child learning to read and write again. Which on one hand is kind of cool...

oh yeah, I haven't started reading and writing in the symbols (for lack of a better word). I just study it in the roman alphabet. That other stuff will come later. All I really know how to say right now is "credijito cado doko desu ka?" which actually works for me because I have misplaced my wallet.

I speak some German and very little Spanish and Japanese. I took Spanish for a year in high school and Japanese for a year in college. When I transfered to my new college this year, I found them to have a decent German program, so I switched over to it, as that is always the language I have wanted to learn anyway.

I speak English but not very well and I took 2 years of French but I don't know diddly squat(I can read it well though)...also I know a bit of sign language...I used to be able to keep up a conversation but I'm quite rusty now

I speak English but not very well and I took 2 years of French but I don't know diddly squat(I can read it well though)...also I know a bit of sign language...I used to be able to keep up a conversation but I'm quite rusty now

I'm sure you can get a deaf person to figure out "I'm hungry" though.

I speak, read, and write American. I had 3-4 years of Spanish in highschool (read, write, speak) so I was semi-fluent.

I knew/know a tiny bit of Norwegian, German, Indian, Polish, English (British Slang), Japanese, and Thai.

Not enough to do anything with.

I want to learn to speak/read/write Thai. I think it be totally rad. but thats just me.