Cupcakes

SpeakLow

I just bought a copy of Isa Moskowitz's new book, Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World, guilty pleasure. Anyway, I've been experimenting with my own. These are my Amaretto Chocolate Cupcakes with a Chocolate Amaretto Mousse Filling, triple dipped in Chocolate Ganache and Toasted Almonds, YUM!

I didn't write the recipe down as I was going along, but I'll get it on here later, in the meantime, your buds can water!

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c110/StvNicksFan/CupCakescopy.jpg

I just bought a copy of Isa Moskowitz's new book, Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World, guilty pleasure. Anyway, I've been experimenting with my own. These are my Amaretto Chocolate Cupcakes with a Chocolate Amaretto Mousse Filling, triple dipped in Chocolate Ganache and Toasted Almonds, YUM!

I didn't write the recipe down as I was going along, but I'll get it on here later, in the meantime, your buds can water!

Those are hella pretty! Dang!

BTW, I bought a silicon muffin/cupcake pan so I didn't have to use the little paper cups, and that thing is a LIE! I ate my cupcakes out of the cups in little torn-up pieces, salted by my tears.

Those are hella pretty! Dang!

BTW, I bought a silicon muffin/cupcake pan so I didn't have to use the little paper cups, and that thing is a LIE! I ate my cupcakes out of the cups in little torn-up pieces, salted by my tears.

Thanks for the compliment. Nice treats, only once in a while. Yea, I used a bread pan, silicon one once too, same thing. It seems like you would have to add a pint of oil to your loaf just so it wouldn't stick. I have seen some bleach free cupcake papers, I guess they are supposed to be better for non-sticking, so I'll try those out next. The papers I used are leftovers from Christmas a few years back....

Oh my god! I just saw your cupcake photo and my buds are thoroughly watered now! Speaklow, it appears that Isa might do well to take some cupcake lessons from you! So how much to ship 2 cupcakes to Sisters, Oregon???

Why must I discover these heavenly delights just before bedtime?!!

Now I have desire!

Not good. Brings forth suffering! Buddhists know this already!

Thanks for sharing your cupcakes, Speaklow!

awesome photography...what kind of camera do you have?

Thanks! I own an Olympus SP-350, it's a step up from a point and shoot, and a step below an SLR. Good buy, they've been discontinued, so they're pretty cheap now. But, with any camera, it's all in what you do with it. Look at me, I sound all Ansel Adams like, ugh...

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_archived_product_details.asp?fl=2&id=1188

here, here. nice photography! and that's a pretty nice camera, be proud of it!

as to the cupcake papers, you should try something made from parchment. that's all i ever use for baking and dehydrating. i've never had anything stick. even sugary stuff. it's available at most whole foods and wid oats markets.

also, beautiful lattice work with your chocolate topping! top scores for presentation, plating and creativity! now if only i could taste them, i could crown you the vegan iron chef!

Oh my god! I just saw your cupcake photo and my buds are thoroughly watered now! Speaklow, it appears that Isa might do well to take some cupcake lessons from you! So how much to ship 2 cupcakes to Sisters, Oregon???

Haha! Thanks! I still think Isa is the queen though, I guess I could be king?!?! Sisters, Oregon huh? Every time we drive out to Oregon to visit Jessi's family, we pass through Sisters on our way up McKenzie pass to Eugene and onto Florence. It is one of the most scenic areas of Oregon I believe. There used to be this Pizza place on the edge of two we liked (before we went vegan). Anyway, I like Sisters, it is a neat small town. What do you do there? I might be out in April, if we drive through I will hand deliver some cupcakes!

I will be on the lookout for this parchment you speak of and report back. These Wiltons papers I am using are terrible

Iron Chef? I am thinking a Cook/Bake off contest would be something to do on the VV 2007????

Thank for all of the compliments, I promise, they were as good as they looked!

According to the Oracle aka vegan cupcakes take over the world you should spray your cupcake cases with that spray oil you can get before filling and that stops sticking

That's what happens when I skip the important stuff and go straight on to the good stuff....

I will go back and read now, thanks for the heads up

We need to open a cupcake baking business ASAP. Those are gorgeous. Way prettier than what I've accomplished so far - though I am a bit obsessed with decorator tips and pastry bags and haven't gotten to drizzling beautiful ganache over my cupcakes! I have a major appreciation for all things food - especially cupcakes. You should consider posting your creations on the vegan cupcake flickr group. I've posted some of mine there as well.

Vegan Cupcakes

You should consider posting your creations on the vegan cupcake flickr group. I've posted some of mine there as well.

Vegan Cupcakes

Whoa! Total Eye Candy! I think I'm in heaven! I was a cake decorator for a while, but I only have three of my tips left

I would consider the business opportunity, but I'm going to Portland!

You should consider posting your creations on the vegan cupcake flickr group. I've posted some of mine there as well.

Vegan Cupcakes

Whoa! Total Eye Candy! I think I'm in heaven! I was a cake decorator for a while, but I only have three of my tips left

I just posted the cupcakes I made tonight on the above flickr group. My user name there is veganmadre, as well.

Before Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World, I hadn't done any cake decorating whatsoever. I hadn't really found a great homemade frosting recipe until the fluffy vegan buttercream. I suppose it would have been simple enough to have veganized a recipe but...Anyway, I'm hooked. I don't even really have a sweet tooth - I just like decorating!

Vegan Cupcakes

I just posted the cupcakes I made tonight on the above flickr group. My user name there is veganmadre, as well.

That site is as good as PPK, now I will be looking at cupcakes half the day too ... ty

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c110/StvNicksFan/CupCakescopy.jpg

This is one of the best looking treats I've ever seen! We have some amazing food pics here and I like all of them. I just really love the photography in this one and the cupcakes just look so tempting! You'll be in Portland when

awesome photography...what kind of camera do you have?

Thanks! I own an Olympus SP-350, it's a step up from a point and shoot, and a step below an SLR. Good buy, they've been discontinued, so they're pretty cheap now. But, with any camera, it's all in what you do with it. Look at me, I sound all Ansel Adams like, ugh...

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_archived_product_details.asp?fl=2&id=1188

pretty sweet. I just got a sony for my birthday but its a point and shoot. I still love it tho. Film-wise I have a canon AE-1, which i totally love but film is an expensive habit these days.

This is one of the best looking treats I've ever seen! We have some amazing food pics here and I like all of them. I just really love the photography in this one and the cupcakes just look so tempting! You'll be in Portland when

Not soon enough. We are still waiting on this house to sell. It's been reallllllly slow. Thanks for the compliments, I have some more coming soon!

I just posted the cupcakes I made tonight on the above flickr group. My user name there is veganmadre, as well. Smile

I'll get mine on soon and check yours out as well

Speaklow, I just went back through the thread and read your entry about Sisters! Sorry I had missed it before. I would be thrilled and honored to meet you on your way out to Florence! I'll send you a PM regarding the personal info so that this thread stays focused on those most amazing cupcakes!!

It seems to me that there is a surge of interest in cupcakes right now. Veganmadre's marvelous cupcakes are truly sexy! Her latest cupcake photos sport those raucus chocolate erectile projections that one can't wait to bite into, gently, of course!

My imagination soars when I think of you and Veganmadre together in a gourmet kitchen with plenty of unbleached parchment cup liners and a good steady oven! It won't be difficult to bulk up during the VV'07!