Vega Question

Vixen

I recently purchased a jug of vega and I followed the directions on the thing which said that you have to mix it in water and then drink it. It ended up tasting really nasty and I couldn't finish it. How can I enjoy the health benefits of Vega without tasting it? Should I put it in a smoothie?

Hiya Vixen!

I almost always drink mine plain with water. When I first tried Vega, I also had a tough time with the taste - I know others who felt the same. For me the main thing is the stevia which is used to sweeten it. That said, after a few days I stopped noticing the stevia & grew to like the taste of Vega. I also found that using cold water improved the taste for me.

What flavor did you get? All 3 are great in smoothies and you can add pretty much whatever fruit, etc that you like to create a taste that you prefer. Many people like to mix chocolate vega with a rice or nut milk & the berry flavor with apple or anouther fruit juice.

Hope this helps!

Edited by loveliberate

Berry flavor is my favorite. I don't think it's particularly tasty mixed with just water like the directions on the package say to do, though. Maybe after you get used to the taste, but not as an introduction. I put mine in the blender with a banana, a few strawberries, crushed ice, and some rice milk or water. My daughter puts agave nectar in hers and says it's really good, but I don't like it that sweet.

Chocolate flavor is good with bananas (especially frozen banana!) and some almond milk.

Vega does have a unique taste. I'm one of their sponsored athletes and I work for the company, but I had a hard time with Vega at first. I used berry the most, and then moved over to Chocolate. Now I don't even use berry Vega at all and Chocolate totally rocks! I can't see myself ever getting tired of the chocolate flavor.

Brendan likes to take fruit and dip it into a bowl of chocolate powder. davidtarrfoster and I do the same. Bananas and apples seem to be best but really anything would work.

I totally know what some of you mean. No matter how much fruit and other flavors you put into a smoothie, sometimes it is pretty much impossible to mask the taste, if it is a taste you don't like.

I would still experiment and try mixing it with different things. If it still doesn't work for you, a great alternative is the NEW Vega Smoothie Infusion. It doesn't have any taste and it is meant to be mixed in with your smoothie. So basically if you are having berries, bananas, ginger, whatever it is, the smoothie will still taste the same but it will have a boost of protein (14g), greens, fiber, and omega 3 essential fats. So the benefit is the nutrition and the smoothie tastes the same.

The Infusion is brand new, it just got launched a few weeks ago and you can find it at www.foodfightgrocery.com if you're interested.

Good luck with the Vega! Sometimes it takes a little getting used to, but it's one of the top products on the market, period. So it's worth trying.

I tried Vega first with just water...never again. GAK!

I like the chocolate the best (I mix it with rice milk and a frozen banana, or use another chocolate hemp smoothie mix with it).

The berry bars taste great, but I don't know what's up with the powder. I have to try to disguise the taste by adding quite a few berries to it (and even then...).