Want to represent Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness in NY?

robert

Hey,

Would anyone feel comfortable enough to do a presentation about the Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness lifestyle at a University in Long Island, NY?

It would be sometime in Early March but they are flexible on the date. They contacted me but I am too busy to get to NY and I didn't want them to have to fly me that far.

The do have a small budget to help with travel.

They are looking at a 45min-1 hour presentation about veganism, nutrition, training, and a bit about the vegan athlete lifestyle.

It would be for a group of about 50 students.

I can supply some written material for handouts to give to the students. This would include nutrition programs by a number of us here on the website (mainly me, Brendan Brazier and maybe a couple of others) to show the diversity of eating plans, literature from Vegan Outreach, etc.

Please let me know, especially if you are in the area and feel comfortable speaking to University students about these topics. I've done presentations for University students and it's usually pretty fun.

I'll send some Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness t-shirts and things like that for giveaways and to give to whoever would like to do this presentation.

Thanks.

I'd love to do it but I'm not sure I could travel to NY for any length of time. Nor am I sure I represent a "fitness" lifestyle at this point. I've been rather lazy since it's gotten cold here. But, if you're in a major crunch and some of the fantastic vegan fitness folk out that way (namely thinking Nicole and Ed) aren't able to do so, I may consider it.

Let me know.

Awesome, thanks for all the replies!

I will post ALL the info I have based on the e-mails I got. It's very late at the moment and I need to sleep, but I'll post it this weekend.

Thanks! Maybe even a few of you could go if you're in the area and interested. I'll send everything you'd need.

It's for a class of about 50 studends and a student organization is putting it on.

More details after I've slept

I sent you all the info, right?

I haven't been in touch with them since I posted this.

Let me know if you got all the info and are interested and I'll contact them and give them your contact info.

Is that cool?

Let me know, especially if you didn't get the e-mail with all of the information.

Cool. Is it OK if I let them know you are interested and you take it from there?

If so, please PM me a current e-mail address that you use and I'll send it to them right away. You can be in touch with Nicole too, if she is interested as well.

Thanks!

It's been a week since this thread saw any life, but I wanted to post here:

I'm definitely going to do this, but I wanted to post here so that the community can see what's going on and keep some updates of what's going on, because I think speaking to a group of young college minds can be a very positive thing on many levels.

I've been talking to Rob a lot in private the past few days, and I got a reply from the college today, I asked Rob to give me a call and set some stuff up. Rob preceded to call my house and open with "Hey, is your refridgerator running? Well then you better go catch it!" (Okay, so maybe that last part was made up ), but we had a good chat, and they said in their email that they're very excited to have me speak on their behalf (it's for a group/club at the school), and asked some small questions that I'm going to answer when I send a follow-up email.

I'm thinking about figuring out if I can get this whole thing recorded for something like Google video too, I'll have to ask about that and see what I can do.