Can you touch your toes

Can you Touch your Toes?  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So, here I am--as Robert said before, I'm sure I have the least flexible hamstrings of anyone on the forum. watching me try to touch my toes would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic. To have less flexibility I thing someone would have to be clinically disabled.

But the good news is that other parts are flexible. My groin muscles are amazingly flexible. I can also twist my feet so my toes point sideways and then I can walk. My jaw is my most flexible body part. It is absurd how wide I can open my mouth. I can put just over 2 and 3/4 inches of distance from the bottom of my upper incisors to the top of my lower incisors. That's 69.85 mm for all you crazy foreigners with your crazy measurements.

I can touch my nose with my toes.

Yeah but can you pick your nose with your toes

As for Dave...I've seen him stretch before and I can vouch for that but in reality I've seen people clinically disabled being far more flexible than Dave is

Apparently not many of us can touch our toes, due to the tightness in our Quads etc (which comes about due to the fact that you don't fully straighten your legs when cycling)

I would say it's more due to lack of flexibility in the hamstrings and lower back. Not fully straightening the leg would mean the hamstrings never get fully extended (but quads would be more).

I can touch my palms flat to the floor in front of my feet (on a good day, with no shoes on).

Dunno if can touch my toes, guess so with all the leg stretching I do for my running.

I've got a T-shirt similiar to the humping unicorns, best if I don't say anymore on a public forum.

Coward

The T-shirt has the artistic image of an attractive lady kneeling on a bed and, ahem, about to be penetrated by a rather well endowed horse.

It has the text ' May the Horse be with you'

The T-shirt has seen better days, but I'll try and post a pic of it sometime, to satisfy your curiosity.

In a bid to make this post just a little on topic, I guess the lady could touch her toes as she looks rather lithe, and as for horses they obviously have no toes no touch as well as the small matter of being four legged.

• 2 months later...

I am an avid cyclist and I can easily touch my toes. I have heard that cyclists cannot touch their toes though. If you feel you are tight or are lacking flexibility, just continue to slowly work on your stretching. I find that I am able to longer and harder on the bike when I am well warmed up and feel loose. Tightness makes me timid on the bike and sometimes a bit uncomfortable. Good luck.

No not balancing so much as thats where my foot landed

and yes humping unicorns, isnt it the best tshirt ever

HAHA! I LOVE THAT SHIRT!!! I"ve been meaning to get it for a while.

Anways, I can touch my toes, I've been pretty flexible for a long time but recently overdid some leg workouts and they're pretty tight. I can still touch my toes tho.

• 3 weeks later...
I can touch my toes and do a one handed handstand too ...

This was one of my first avator pics on here so heres the full version ...

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k11/carmenuk/957168842_l-1.jpg[/img]

That's phenomenal!!

I must be freakishly good at this...standing up, I can bend down and lay my palms flat on the ground behind my heels

Yoga's gotta be the best thing for flexibility. Martial arts is good too - I can put my hands flat on the floor. Not my head though! ??

yes you're right Trev!... before yoga I couldn't even touch my ankles

• 2 weeks later...

I can touch my palms to the floor also.

I don't consider myself to be overly flexible but touching the toes has never been a problem

(I can't even get CLOSE to sitting cross legged mind you)

It seems like most people don't put enough emphasis on flexibility or lengthening muscles. Short muscles can cause all kinds of problems in the body like altering posture, compensatory patterns, pain, tension, loss of range of motion and more!

So, reach for those toes!

Edited by lotus

It seems like most people don't put enough emphasis on flexibility or lengthening muscles. Short muscles can cause all kinds of problems in the body like altering posture, compensatory patterns, pain, tension, loss of range of motion and more!

So, reach for those toes!

yes mother