Soy not properly getting absorbed by caucasians?

mm

Over at T-Nation there's a summary of one of Charles Poliquins seminars, including following statement:

"Asian people can absorb 96% of the soy they consume, while for Caucasians it's a paltry 16%."

The article is basically just a bunch of statements whith no reference to back it up. To be fair, it wasn't written by P. himself but by a seminar attendee.

Is there any truth to it? Oops, nearly forgot the link: http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1431471

cheers,

mm

Edited by mm

"Veganism is retarded".

Yeah... I didn't mention that statement because I didn't want to get your blood boiling. The thing is, why should he have an interest in dissing soy? He's not dumb, he must have picked up something from somewhere. Or so I hope.

"Veganism is retarded".

Yeah... I didn't mention that statement because I didn't want to get your blood boiling. The thing is, why should he have an interest in dissing soy? He's not dumb, he must have picked up something from somewhere. Or so I hope.

Usually if someone has the mindset that "Veganism is retarded" he or she will first attempt to bash on soy, since that is the primary protein touted by vegans.

This is surely BS...surely some people absorb any protein source better than someone else...and maybe race has something to do with it but I can't imagine the difference is so substantial and honestly I doubt anyone absorbs 96% of anything they eat

"Never! Those on a high protein diet have no need for a calcium supplement anyway."

"What you eat first thing in the morning has an influence on mental acuity for the rest of the day. For this reason, Charles likes proteins rich in tyrosine at breakfast (hello, steak and eggs!)"

when i was 19 or 20 i saw an article he wrote in one of those muscle comics magazines about gaining an inch on your arms in a month or something of that nature. anyone who would waste time writing an article about that isn't worth wasting your time on.

what has he even done other that spit out other people's knowledge? he looks like a bodybuilder so that should tell you all you need to know about him. if you want to be an elite athlete then read Verkhoshansky, Kurz, Siff, or Louie Simmons and leave this dude to the body pumpers so he can tell them what they want to hear.