lose weight

cfacile

I give the most credit for my weight loss to strength training. If you don't strength train while trying to cut some fat, you can accidently burn off more muscle than you intended. As for cardio, stick to what is fun for you or, well, you won't stick to it. Try to cut out as much processed (veggie burgers, microwave dinners and other pre-packaged foods) and opt for homemade soups. Eat as many fresh and raw fruits and veggies you can. If you like to eat lots of nuts and seeds, only eat them raw, as it is much healthier and you will find that you aren't as apt to overeat on them.

Weight watchers is a pretty good program. My wife lost a bunch of weight. Since becoming vegan she doesn't follow the program most of the time, but still uses it occasionally when she is training for long running races. So I can confirm that WW helps you lose weight, is easy to do on a vegan diet, and can be done when training heavily.

Hope this helps!

I recommend doing as much volume as possible. If you can't do cardio for 1.5hours or more I'd lift until I got in shape before hand. Otherwise do the highest intensity you can maintain for the longest amount of time possible...even if that means extremely low intensity...I lost 80lbs cycling like that in 9 months.

It definately is and I think if losing weight was my only goal I think I could have lost more(more muscle would have been lost too though) but I wante to maintain as much of my power as I could in the process

No not really raw food(although I do that when I'm in the hotter part of the summer for training purposes). When I'm trying to lose weight I drop my calories(if you have enough fat you really don't need all that much food). I was eating 1500 calories a day for about 9months and burning what should be 3000 on my bike(I don't really believe in calorometers)...and lets say 1200 for the rest of the day. I also didn't eat for 2 hours after my rides. After excersize your body begs for nutrients and if you don't give it any it will eat itself so it did. After that I'd eat my largest meal of the day(maybe 700 calories...didn't pay attension really to what they came from but no fried stuff and no super processed things) and make sure I didn't eat more than 80 calories in an hour after 6-7pm for my snacks to get me through the day...it worked really well

did you supplement with vitamins or powders or anything? just curious.

No I didn't take anything other than spirulina(which may have helped quite a bit)...I actually just started taking vitamins/supplements again maybe 4 months ago to see how things feel(I don't notice much other than creatine). As soon as I went vegan I basically took nearly 5yrs off of putting anything in my body other than food and the occasional beer(less than 2-3 a month)

I got my spirulina on ebay...it was cheap and from Hawaii...

As for the beer I love beer but I avoid it for performance reasons. When I started losing weight I probably had 3-5 for that whole year