Anyone for tennis? Wouldn't that be nice....

Hey man, I can loan you a racket. Also, C.O. who is one of my best friends since I was 5 years old plays. He's in Colorado right now but gets back in a week or so. He lives out in SE Portland.

I will be sleeping in on Saturday morning, but come by before then to get the racket.

I do play as well, but not this Saturday morning.

And I believe Lilikoi is who you are referring to There are so many of us in Portland we often use real names rather than screen names

We can trade, camera for racket

Ya I am trying to get back into playing tennis again. Still working on getting of a sciatic injury and its been almost 6 months. Ive done some research and gone to a doctor and a physical therapist but if anyone has any tips that would be great.

About tennis! There is a tournament coming up near Portland begginning of march.(dont get scared). Its levels 2.5-6.0 i think singles and doubles. 2.5 is the lowest level so if you arent that great or dont play that much you can probably enter and still be competitive and have fun.

Let me know if you are interested and I will get you some more info. Also I'll post when im back in p-city because I would be stoked to meet some new tennis heads to hit with.

-Dylan

Good to know! I know you e-mailed me about it a while ago but since there are 5 or 6 people on here from Portland who are somewhat into tennis, we may get some takers. I still don't know about myself, but I'll see if it is something I can fit in to my schedule.

If not, I'll help others practice by being a target to serve at and a partner to hit it back.

I played with C.O. today at PSU. He just returned from Colorado and as some of you know, he's my homeboy since we were about 5 years old.

We mostly just hit the ball around and then played a game by 1's not by real scoring. Just whoever won the point got a point. We played to 15, having to win by two.

I started out ahead something like 5-1 and then C.O. came back and had me 12-10. Of course I fought back and we were tied at 15-15 until I took the next two points and sunk him 17-15. Sorry C.O., maybe next time!

We gotta play more often. Good times! Good to get away from the computer too!

Yeah, there are 5 or 6 people on here who play and my sister mentioned that she and Evrim would like to join us sometime to play as well.

Rematch sounds good! It was good to get out of the house and away from the computer. Let's do it again this week sometime. Not sure what days are best for me but I'll let you know.

Let's get more and more of our local crowd involved in the group tennis games!

Cool!

You guys should get together. I know I always say this, but for those who don't know C.O. he is my homeboy since I was like 4 years old. The person I've known longer than anyone and he's cool. He was at Vegan Vacation for a bit and Vegan Holiday Festival but I know some of you still don't know him yet.

He's more active all the time on the forum, so that's cool. I played tennis last week with him and may play later today or tomorrow or both. We played over at PSU in the indoor courts to stay dry.

You guys should get in touch and I know oregonisaac and others like to play too so we'll get some games going on soon for sure, espeically as the weather gets warmer and dryer.

Have fun!

Just thought I would post the rematch to the rob vs co went co 6-1 and then a consolation king of the hill went co 21-19.

Hey we should have a vbbf crappy players tennis tourney in portland maybe call it the double faulters cup or something. Anyone game?

-CO

I wasn't hiding out, I was going to mention it and forgot!

Yes, indeed C.O. smoked me 6-1 in our last tennis match in his prep for a tournament this weekend. He also beat me 21-19 in are battle going by 1's, which I beat him in last time.

I went out and watched him play in a tournament in Washington yesterday, only 20 minutes from my house. Good times. It makes me want to play in a competitive tournament again sometime!

We had a fun time today. A handful of us got together near our house to play.

Lilikoi, oregonisaac, C.O., davidtarrfoster and I all played and it was a beautiful sunny day in Portland!

I'd like to play more often and we need to get xdarthveganx out with us too!

Thanks for the good times the last couple of days hanging out. Good stuff.