No bananas and carrots?

andesuma

Honestly I think seedless grapes and seedless watermelon isn't as sweet(not even close really) as seeded versions...I think the point of seed removal is that it bugs some people...its not so much the sweetness since I've never had a seedless anything sweeter than its natural version.

I think your right but then again if you put yourself out there as the example of health for your age then your out there to be judged...just like fat Dr. Phil and his diet plan for everyone else that overweight.

Your right but I think the age thing is what other people put on him....he's just promoting good health and exercise in general.

But you are right about putting yourself out there....and your gonna be judged regardless of wherever you want to be or not, unfortunatly when you stand for something, especially something like health/fitness, people are gonna keep raising the bar on you and your never gonna be able to please everybody!!!

Honestly I think seedless grapes and seedless watermelon isn't as sweet(not even close really) as seeded versions...I think the point of seed removal is that it bugs some people...its not so much the sweetness since I've never had a seedless anything sweeter than its natural version.

Yeah the seedless grapes down here are way sweeter than the seeded but the seeded watermelon is not always sweet than the seeded.

From experience seeded has that bit more life in it.....if that makes sense.

How so?

How so?

I've no idea, I just feel more vibrant, I belive it's the seeds and the life connection between the seeds and the fruit but that's just my guess.

Carrot juice IS great but I always feel kind of wasteful about juicing them and dumping the pulp. Is it worth finding a recipe to use the carrot pulp or have most of the nutrients already been squeezed out into the juice anyway?

And if not, does anyone have any raw recipes for the pulp? The ones I have found so far are for cooked recipes, soups and bread and stuff.

A company near me makes dehydrated crackers with the pulp (beets, carrots, etc. mixed with flax and things. They're yummy.)

Angela Stokes RawReform Recipes e-book has a number of recipes in it for using all kinds of pulp, including almond! Here's a generic recipe for dehydrated pulp crackers:

3 cups vegetable pulp

1 cup ground seeds/nuts

1/2 t Himalayan/Celtic sea salt/Herbamare

1/2 cup fresh herbs

mix in food processor and dehydrate.

• 1 month later...
I remember a member of the forum saying a while back that raw root vegetables (carrots & potatoes) made him fat, so I can see why to avoid carrots

Veges making him fat? Well thats kinda stupid! Its almost like me saying I lost 100lbs on my Chocolate Cake and Mcdonalds diet. dee-dee-dee. Anyway, if any of you have trouble seeing at night trying eating carrots for about a week straight and then see if there is a difference. The beta-carotene helps with night-vision. I eat bananas on almost a daily basis and can eat up to around 6 or so too. I currently have 3% bodyfat from eating healthy which includes bananas and carrots...

Send it to Mythbusters!

I've never heard of carrots making you fat.

Personally, I prefer yams than the Fat Genetically Modified things in the store they call potatoes. If anyone here has ever eaten a wild potato, they'll know the difference. Nevertheless, potatoes are great- especially for those skinny kids who need to gain some muscle weight.

They talk about carrots being high on the Glycemic Index, so this could be why. This is not true though. Why isn't it true? Well, we've all heard that when you spike your insulin levels you gain fat, since insulin is a hormone that helps control belly fat. They didn't tell you the other side of the story either:

1 Carbhydrates are measured by 50 GRAMS on the Glycemic Index. No one eates that many carrots at once anyway.

2 Just because something has a high GI does NOT mean it will spike your insulin levels. The Glycemic index is more like a blood sugar index. Check out the Insulin Index. That is more on track. For example, meat is low on the Glycemic Index- meaning it takers a long time to digest, but it is high on the insulin index- meaning it also spikes your insulin.

3 Spiking your insulin levels DO NOT cause fat gain. Why?

Because for insulin to store food as fat there has to be enough dietary fat present!

A little biochemestry for ya'll:

Plenty of Malonyl -CoA exists in the presence of fuel. Carnitine acyltransferase is then inhibited, which prevents acyl-CoA from crossing into the cell's mitochondria. After NADH inhibits, Thiolase is inhibited by the presence of Acetyl-COA.

AS you can see, too much fat is what will be stored if you eat a lot of simple carbs.

Mostly all fruits and vegetables are complex carbs, so even mixing some fat won't do anything. This applies to high, refined carbs such as white bread/flour, refined sugar, sport drinks, etc. Like full fat ice cream, or oreo cookies. They're BOTH high in sugar and fat.

This is why I do not advocate mixing a very high fat meal with a meal of high GI/II foods. But most of us don't eat simple, refined carbs, so it DOESN'T matter. Either way, keep to nature and you won't be let down. NO fruits or Vegetables make you fat. None.

Actually I do eat nearly enough carrots to get 50g of carbs in a day...I don't believe it will do anything to me but its resonable to think true raw foodists would eat more than I do since I'm not a raw foodie.

Actually I do eat nearly enough carrots to get 50g of carbs in a day...I don't believe it will do anything to me but its resonable to think true raw foodists would eat more than I do since I'm not a raw foodie.

Yeah, in a day- which doesn't do anything because your insulin levels actually go down a bit between meals. But no one eats that much all at once. You could eat 80 grams and it still wouldn't do anything because carrots really don't contain any fat, so no fat would be stored anyway.

Plus all the fiber slows down absorbtion.