underweight bf

JenTheVegan

hey everyone... not new to the forum. I just haven't posted in a while.

I have a question about my boyfriend. He is an omnivore, but interested in vegetarianism. He is 5'10" and only 123 pounds... so yes he is definetly underweight. I would like to introduce him slowly to veg options without pushing him to fast. I also would like to find HEALTHY veg and vegan foods that will both ease him into vegism and help him gain weight. Any suggestions for him would be greatly appreciated since I am worried about him. I need to lose weight and he needs to gain... opposite problems. If i coould him my extra pounds I would lol!

Its simple...he just needs to eat more of everything(everything vegan and not junky that is)...that or take advantage of his size and cycle like me. Thats not neccessarily unhealthy...there are many fit cyclists that are very thin...eat food...and are that thin...I ride with one thats 6'5" 135...one of those almost vegans

Well, if he's a hard-gainer like I am, it won't matter how much he eats. I can eat 5000 calories a day and still lose weight, but I'll only gain weight when I'm lifting heavy weights and working out consistently. So if he's like me, then lifting weights and eating nutrient-dense foods will do the trick!

Well, if he's a hard-gainer like I am, it won't matter how much he eats. I can eat 5000 calories a day and still lose weight, but I'll only gain weight when I'm lifting heavy weights and working out consistently. So if he's like me, then lifting weights and eating nutrient-dense foods will do the trick!

This makes complete sense!! When I used to eat SAD I would consume around 5,000 calories a day and not gain anything!

Besides the only thing eating more would do is make you gain fat and who wants fat, we want muscle!!

The only way to make muscle is to exercise!