Flatfeet...

andgbr

1) Is there any benefit for having a ''flatfeet'' ?

2) Do you have flatfeet?

----

i have flatfeet and i run at least once a week, but i never had any problem with that, and i can't really tell if i'd be doing better without it or not.. and i even use sneakers for running..

anyone willing to give me some advices? ( besides the fact that i need decent shoes.. eheh )

Some people with flat feet run fine in regular shoes...I have a friend with extremely flat feet that runs a 4:10 mile and has no problems but I also know people that can't even stand after wearing regular shoes after walking for 15 minutes...as for me I don't have flat feet

Its not so much that they aren't good for running...its more that they don't make good shoes for flat feet...they are out there but its hard to find them in performance shoes

Its not so much that they aren't good for running...its more that they don't make good shoes for flat feet...they are out there but its hard to find them in performance shoes

well, i use sneakers.. they're really comfortable and really light.. the only problem is that they ''probably'' don't have all that stuff that running shoes have..

well, i use sneakers.. they're really comfortable and really light.. the only problem is that they ''probably'' don't have all that stuff that running shoes have..

What do you mean by all that stuff...I think most new running shoes are full of gimmick...which is why many elite marathoners still train in New Balance Classics. The most important thing is that they are comfortable and make you roll foreward instead of stay flat or back like cross training shoes. As for racing...thats a completely different matter

What do you mean by all that stuff...I think most new running shoes are full of gimmick...which is why many elite marathoners still train in New Balance Classics. The most important thing is that they are comfortable and make you roll foreward instead of stay flat or back like cross training shoes. As for racing...thats a completely different matter

i don't know.. i just thought that i needed to have good running shoes with good ''shock absorption'', but i never really cared about buying those.. i like my sneakers..

and what exactly do you mean by racing? lol

Eliot Sneaker by MacBeth is what i have.. i bought 'em on veganessentials.com..

Even the best of runners put comfort before everything...for some people shock absorbtion isn't even neccessary(hence the growing trend for barefoot running). If you run with good technique you don't really need much so long as they are comfy. Some people get foot and back problems from shoes because they think soft means good but they wind up regretting it and buying shoes that are softer and they regret it again...then they quit running. As for racing most runners(competative racers) race in the lightest shoes they can stand for the length of their race...many even buy a full size smaller so they are lighter...also stiffness can be important too so you don't lose energy

thanks for the info.. that really helped me.. i guess my sneakers are enough..after all..

comfort in the first place. yay!

i don't like those gigantic shoes a lot of people use for running, basketball..etc.. they're so bulky..

Edited by andgbr