raw food at 100%

cfacile

You read wrong....

IFruitarian was what I wanted and needed to do and going 100% was the key to experiencing real/natural health and then bit the bullet and went cold turkey!

I'm not understanding this, I said I read you went raw cold-turkey, you told me I read wrong, then you said yourself that you did?

Oh well, point is that you did do the cooked vegan diet, so I stand corrected and apologize for calling you out. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree and leave it at that.

You read wrong about how I went cold turkey.....

Sorry.

Ha,ha........ yeah, anyone that knows me well will know that I don't paint a pretty picture about transitioning process and if anything I'll try to talk people out of going raw because going raw ain't no joke because later on down the line the body is going to want to go 100% regardless of what you have to say about it so if your not willing to go through the detox that comes with that then you won't be raw for long.

Already the detox has been harder than I thought but I keep my mind on my goals and persist. So far I haven't broken raw for ten days which is longer than I thought I could go for one stretch of time, originally. I do better going cold turkey... like when I went vegan and tried to ease into it I always found excuses to eat fish or dairy... so cold turkey was the only way to go. I find that, although I decided to head into raw eating dehydrated foods and such to help, already those foods feel 'wrong' to me... like, unnatural. So. The way I figure it is to keep those foods as my treats every couple of weeks or so, if I really badly want it, but to eat wholefoods the rest of the time and my body will soon tell me how it wants to be.

bigbwii wrote:

"If there's one thing I've learnt is that cooked food never gives, it always takes, while you may be getting away with it so far, it's going to bring you down, maybe not now or tomorrow but it will bring you down eventually way before your time."

Lightbulb!! When I read this it occurred to me that this is exactly how too many of my PAST relationships with men have been. LOL Always me giving and them taking and very soon depleting me of the emotional nourishment I want and deserve. Its only been in the last couple years I've conquered that issue with my heart, maybe now I can use the same idea to reshape my relationship with food and my health and halt the self-destructive behavior. Thank you for the illumination!

bigbwii wrote:

"If there's one thing I've learnt is that cooked food never gives, it always takes, while you may be getting away with it so far, it's going to bring you down, maybe not now or tomorrow but it will bring you down eventually way before your time."

Lightbulb!! When I read this it occurred to me that this is exactly how too many of my PAST relationships with men have been. LOL Always me giving and them taking and very soon depleting me of the emotional nourishment I want and deserve. Its only been in the last couple years I've conquered that issue with my heart, maybe now I can use the same idea to reshape my relationship with food and my health and halt the self-destructive behavior. Thank you for the illumination!

Oh boy!!!

BIGBWII DA LOVE DOCTER....I like how that sounds....move over Oprah!!

Glad I could be of help and good luck on the changes!

LOL Hey most addictions at their core are deeply rooted little buggers that have so much more to do with choosing to live in self-destruction or self-CONSTRUCTION. And food and fitness especially can destroy us or literally build us. Now that I think about it, LOVE can do the same, most importantly self-love. Huh. (divadolce is processing...lol...it may take awhile)

bigbwii, I'll send ya pics as proof when I am really living this way not just babbling on the forum. LOL Thanks again!

LOL Hey most addictions at their core are deeply rooted little buggers that have so much more to do with choosing to live in self-destruction or self-CONSTRUCTION. And food and fitness especially can destroy us or literally build us. Now that I think about it, LOVE can do the same, most importantly self-love. Huh. (divadolce is processing...lol...it may take awhile)

bigbwii, I'll send ya pics as proof when I am really living this way not just babbling on the forum. LOL Thanks again!

Everyone deserves to be loved but most importantly to love themselves coz if you don't love you....no one else will!!!

Hey do what you gotta do and all the best to ya!

I have always found Bigbwii's posts to be very informative and helpful. I am not there yet. I am about 75% raw. I admire his commitment and treasure his advice. One of these days I will make the break to 100%.

Bigbwii, do you eat veggies too ( the ones classified as fruits) or just fruit? Also, do you juice? Forgive me if you have answered these before. I am a little behind on reading the boards.