Your Smoothie Recipes

Zack

Raw or not, Post up your favorite Smoothie/Protein Shake recipes. Lately i've been using soy powder, since rice tastes terrible. I'm going to look into pea powder and hemp powder (I found Nutiva for 10 dollars ) next, or in addition to the soy, i'm not really fond of soy isolates.

Anyways, lately mine has been like this:

Blackberries

Blueberries

Oats

Soy Protein Powder

Glutamine Powder

Flax Seeds

Raw Agave Nectar

I'd like to get some more ideas on how to make some.

I just made a monster one:

Water

Orange Juice

Blueberries

Bananas

Vega Smoothie Infusion (hemp and pea protein powder)

Kale

Ice Cubes

A little bit of apple and mango

Sometimes I use ginger, strawberries, raspberries, black berries, peaches, hemp protein, pea protein, oranges, etc.

I really don't use many greens other than Vega powder (Infusion has lots of greens), but I put tons of kale in it and rocked it last night.

Awesome, I can't handle hemp protein, tastes terrible to me, so does rice...

I just tried making a raw smoothie, couldn't handle the hemp..

try making the smoothie with hempnuts.. they're better. =)

i dont like rice protein neither.. it tastes really bad..i don't even know how people can like that..

i dont like rice protein neither.. it tastes really bad..i don't even know how people can like that..

I did use hemp seeds, nasty!

I did use hemp seeds, nasty!

Was it better than hemp-protein or not?

This is what I have been making lately.

Soy milk

Banana

Agave Nectar

Tahini

Spirulina

Soy/Rice Protein

How do you tolerate the rice protein, I absolutely cannot stand the taste, and cannot hide it even if i put a whole bottle of agave nectar in!

I don't like the taste of Rice Protein at all....

That's why I add that Tahini, it hides the Rice Protein and Spirulina taste really well.

Interesting, I'll try that, how much do you use? Thanks for the info! Everybody hates rice protein...lol

I'm going to be the loser here . . . . i love rice protein powder. At first i thought it was god horrible as well . .but after a month or so, it tastes great. I use NOW nutrition plain rice protein powder, and put a lot of cinnamon in it. I also use very little water and make it into a dough almost. That way i eat it instead of drink it. Weird .. . .i know. For smoothies, i acutally usually make a sorbet . .sort of.

2 frozen bananas

1 cup frozen blueberries, cherries, strawberries, or peaches

12 oz of water

either nutiva hemp protein or rice protein

sometimes flax oil or Udo's oil

i mix the powder with water in a shaker cup before i put all these ingredients into a food proccessor. The end result is ice cream. Nothing like a morning brain freeze!!

I'm going to be the loser here . . . . i love rice protein powder. At first i thought it was god horrible as well . .but after a month or so, it tastes great. I use NOW nutrition plain rice protein powder, and put a lot of cinnamon in it. I also use very little water and make it into a dough almost. That way i eat it instead of drink it. Weird .. . .i know. For smoothies, i acutally usually make a sorbet . .sort of.

2 frozen bananas

1 cup frozen blueberries, cherries, strawberries, or peaches

12 oz of water

either nutiva hemp protein or rice protein

sometimes flax oil or Udo's oil

i mix the powder with water in a shaker cup before i put all these ingredients into a food proccessor. The end result is ice cream. Nothing like a morning brain freeze!!

That's the first brand I tried, congratulations for being able to tolerate it...

When I have everything (and when I'm bulking), I normally eat this as it's own meal:

- Some oats

- Soymilk

- Some OJ (to take the edge off, it sounds gross with soymilk, but it works)

- Some peanut butter

- Hemp protein

- Berries (Whatever)

Normally it comes out to several hundred calories, so it works for bulking purposes.

When I have everything (and when I'm bulking), I normally eat this as it's own meal:

- Some oats

- Soymilk

- Some OJ (to take the edge off, it sounds gross with soymilk, but it works)

- Some peanut butter

- Hemp protein

- Berries (Whatever)

Normally it comes out to several hundred calories, so it works for bulking purposes.

I don't mind the taste of rice protein at all. It was a little weird at first, but it doesn't bother me anymore. I mainly use it to complement my beans here in my dorm instead of adding rice to them; it acts as a thickening agent (I like bean dishes with thick sauces) as well as adding more protein and better serving to balance it out than plain rice. I can't really stand it in smoothies because of the grainy texture. Same thing with hemp, but the flavor bothers me with that as well. I have to make a sorbet to tolerate it.

soy milk (neutral or chocolate)

soy protein

flax seeds

a kiwi (I've heard that kiwis help digesting protein a lot better, correct me if I'm wrong)

that's the smoothie I have right after working out, otherwise I add some oil to it, flax oil or just the kind of oil I have available

I like rice protein and hemp protein. Pea is alright. Don't like soy - I get enough from my food.

Anyone having trouble finding a protein powder needs to use Vega or Vega Infusion. Seriously. That stuff tastes and mixes awesome! Plus it is like a nutrition gold mine. I am just telling you from experience. I have no financial ties to Vega!

Here are a couple of smoothies I make

#Raw smoothie

-two oranges, a lime, a few chunks of Mexican Papaya, banana, frozen berries, and spinach "omit spinach if you aren't down with the green."

Start by blending the oranges and juice of the lime. That way you have more of a liquid base to blend the rest.

#Protein smoothie

-soy, rice or almond milk, a banana, a couple spoons of peanut butter, and protein powder "soy, rice, hemp, etc.."

I drink 2-3 smoothies like this a day. This is my version of fast food.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the my BEST ever smoothie

Soy milk

1-2 fruits, varied

1 teaspoon soy protein powder

½ tea spoon slippery elm powder

1 teaspoon psylium husks.

Small handful of nuts

1 table spoon flax seed oil.

Made with love and so yum! :D