gained some mass?

Kon

ok,

so its has been 4 months since I last measured my arms around the bicept when I flex them, and I have gained about a quater of an inch on each arm.

I'm wondering if this is good for this amount of time, or if I should be gaining more?

I'd assume if my arms got a bit bigger, than the rest of my body did as well to some degree..

also for kicks, I calculated the area increase for my arms

before:

10" (circumference) / 3.14 (pi) = 3.18" (diameter)

3.14 (pi) x 1.59 (radius) x 1.59 (radius) = 7.93"squared (area)

after:

10.25" (circumference) / 3.14 (pi) = 3.26" (diameter)

3.14 (pi) x 1.63 (radius) x 1.63 (radius) = 8.34"squared (area)

total area increase per arm = 0.41" squared

so, not much..

but still something I guess.

I don't know whether it is from muscle either,but my bicepts seem stronger.

on a side note, I had a dream this morning where I had a a lot of muscle and I was talking to some guy who wanted to gain muscle and was asking me for tips and I told him about veganbodybuilding.com , but I explained to him that its a vegan site and that hes not vegan but he can still visit it if hes interested. And I was posing and flexing my muscles.

So yeah.. I thought it was interesting that I was telling someone about this site in my dream.

A gain is a gain, and using a tape measure is a great way to determine if you have made progress.

It sounds like you and I are pretty different body wise, I'm 6'3 and 235lbs for a start, but when I'm trying to gain mass I tend to eat heaps and lift heavy.

Last time I was in bulking mode I did a HST rountine for 6 weeks, concentraiting on the compound movements and eating at least 6 times a day.

I gained 1 inch on my chest and 1/2 on my arms, lost bodyfat and put on 13lbs of muscle

I guess another thing to remember is that most of your muscle growth is done whilst you are resting or sleeping, so lifting weights is only half the story...

Sleep and muscle growth is a topic that a lot of people can't agree on, from what I have seen.

Personally, I find that when I am lifting heavy and trying to put on bulk I need more sleep... it could be the workouts or the time of year or a whole bunch of things I guess, but this is what I have found...

So to answer your question, it might be due growing, or it could just be that you are tired or the time of year...

I probably get enough sleep as I don't use an alarm clock nor do I need to be up at any specific time. I've been getting around 9 hours of sleep everyday.

One thing I want to do is move my sleep schedule back a bit, but that's not possible do to my work which requires me to be up late, but that'll be changing.