Is this a bad or good idea?

CashOverAss

I recently changed my workout/life routine from working out everynight at 9pm, to working out 9am. I usually have an energy bar, like a cliff bar at 8:30 to give me some energy, and then i like to get a jamba juice smoothie at 11 am. I get the protein berry pizzaz which is like 440 calories and like 50 grams of protein. Between the two items, i have already had like 700 calories and like 70 grams of protein before noon. Is this bad, too much soy protein, too many calories. or does this sound like a good breakfast with a good source of protein and a good serving of fruit?

Thanks in advance for any input

I have heard you don't want a big fifty-gram-slam after a workout. Something with 20-30 grams of protein with a peice of fruit mixed in is what I shoot for. Your body is supposed to be able to digest faster if you don't pack so much protein in. Likely you can't even use that much at once anyway.

interesting. I once heard a while ago like 40-50 grams at a time was the most you can absorb in one sitting. But that was a while ago from one source. Its like 30 grams of protein and then you can get a free "boost" so i usually just ask for a second scoop of protein, but i guess if for some reason this is "bad" or "too" much, i could just stick with the normal 1 scoop.

Honestly if your trying to get big I say eat as much as possible...I used to eat 300g of protein a day and 8-12000 calories and never had a problem with my kidneys...granted I was young but it worked.if your trying to be just healthy don't pay so much attention to your total calories since they are BS for health...focus on eating nutritionally dense foods like lots of colorful fruits and veggies.