The God Delusion

CashOverAss

Ahh yes, great book. Not the best by Dawkins though. There are many other freethought books that blow that one away. The best book I've ever read is Atheism: The Case Against God by George Smith. That one is definantly a must read. Other than that Sam Harris' "A letter to a christian nation" is really good, and Dan Barker's "Losing faith in faith: from preacher to atheist."

There is a great forum for discussion here at, www.rationalresponders.com

Introduce yourself and learn more about the importance of critical thought.

Dawkins has even better books than that one?!? I can't wait to read them!

Yeah, but the others aren't really on religion as much as the god delusion. His others stick to evolutionary biology and whatnot.

I just finished "The God Delusion" and felt like someone had finally stated (so eloquently) what I have been thinking for years. Granted, I haven't really looked that far into atheism or agnosticism so it's no mystery that I have missed many great books on the topic.

Yeah for real. When I first saw his root of all evil documentaries it was like "wow, it's about time someone said this." I definantly encourage you to read sam harris as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love this book. Dawkins writes in such a lucid manner that the book is both can reach an academic and general audience. I always appreciate philosophers who do that. Too often such books are written such that one needs extensive training to understand them.

I also thought highly of his efforts to humanize atheism to readers who might otherwise have highly prejudiced opinions of them. I'm sure more than one atheist appreciated that.