What do you guys think of this?

Zack

beautiful animals... but i'm not much of a cat person.

also, the whole playing god with a genetics lab and cabins full of caged cats used for creating/designing a new breed seems wrong. apparently she knows it to be so...

Sugden doesn’t like to publicize the location of her cattery, for fear of wire-cutting animal-rights activists.

• 4 weeks later...

if cats were toys i'd love to have that tiger looking cat..

but they're not..

they're animals, and because of that, i'm against the whole idea.. i don't understand why people have to do that kind of stuff.. that's exactly why i'm not against the A.L.F, it's hard to tolerate that.

Yeah that really blows. There are more than enough lovely adoptable animals out there...there is no need to create more on purpose(we can't even handle all the strays). Nothing against the kittens though...its not their fault. Also in my opinion...every animal bred on purpose is one euthanized in a shelter...not so much with cats but with dogs you can expect in a litter of eight...one-two of those dogs will also eventually wind up in a shelter and get euthanized too.

Agreed. The last few sentences...well...what happened to the idea that tigers should be saved? I guess the "essence of tigerness" is more important, after all, it's more important to have people in places in massive numbers:

"Toygers are about saving something rarer—the essence of tigerness.

“Wild animals are disappearing in front of our eyes,” she says. “We can’t keep big cats where we have people in massive numbers.”

One alternative is to keep a small version in your living room. Toygers are certainly easier to house-train than tigers. And, she adds, “they’re getting more and more beautiful every year.”

Yippee.

There are so many animals being bred so that breeders can make more and more $ and rich people can have a "trophy" to show. People started making these intentional crossbreeds of dogs..like a beagle and a pug, is a puggle etc...and charging lots of $ for them. They are cute and that is why people want them.

then there is the whole dog show thing where people "train" dogs to do "tricks" and groom them to win a contest.

Many humans will exploit anyone for $. We can only expect to see more and more of this type of thing...society does not reject it. As a matter of fact mainstream science is messing with animals too...so individuals feel validated in doing it. It is sick, sick, sick. Of course, the whole irony is that we are seen as "freaks" for thinking so!

Actually other than the new breeds you can find pretty much any breed of dog(and the most common specialty breeds of cat) you would want in a pound(although I'd rather people not care what kind of dog they adopt) of pretty much any age. I've seen multiple sharpe dogs at the SPCA in Philly along with a few other dogs that are rarely under $1500 at a store or from a breeder.