For First Time, Chimps Seen Making Weapons for Hunting

Zack

I always tended to think our diet should compare to a chimps

I think we should take the more intelligent and civilized route of being vegan.

It is an interesting article, not surprising, but interesting.

I agree with you there, if the population were still primative, I think that it would be natural to include a small bit of animal products, but with a 6+ billion population, no way.

I think it is interesting, kind of sheds light on how homosapiens got to where we are today.

How long before they come for us? Haha...

My friend sent me an article about this yesterday. It really did make me think. Ultimately, I just came to the conclusion that it's really just one more example that points to the intelligence of animals... and another reason we shouldn't destroy them.

Besides... how long before they start making machine guns? Do we really want to be on their bad side?

Yeah I found this interesting. I wonder if it is really one of the first times that it has happened, or if it has happened lots of times and humans just never witnessed the chimps doing it. As far as I know, chimps normally can use items for X purpose, but generally don't adapt the item, that's why this is special. I don't think it's that dramatic though, the chimp still didn't put two things together to make anything else, he still only used 1 thing, so it's only incredibly basic tool usage.

Yeah I found this interesting. I wonder if it is really one of the first times that it has happened, or if it has happened lots of times and humans just never witnessed the chimps doing it. As far as I know, chimps normally can use items for X purpose, but generally don't adapt the item, that's why this is special. I don't think it's that dramatic though, the chimp still didn't put two things together to make anything else, he still only used 1 thing, so it's only incredibly basic tool usage.

I think it's probably been going on for some time...

I think it's probably been going on for some time...

Probably, passed down by the monkey elders through secret monkey rituals