VB&F Contest 2007 Progress?

SiNa94

How is everyone that's participating in the contest progressing?

I compared backpacking photos from August, to my before shots from January, and then compared myself in the same clothes today. I'm making leaps and bounds. The clothes are getting pretty loose, and my gut and rear are a lot more proportional to the rest of my body now. Still need some work... but the improvement is definitely noticeable. I haven't been near a scale since the very beginning of January... so I don't know how much weight I've lost. I've definitely put on some extra muscle in my calves and thighs though, and a little in my arms. And I still have 4 months?

So really... anyone getting close to their goals?

I've been taking progress pics at the end of the month, so sometime this week I'll take a new set and post them.

I've noticed some big changes in my upper body in the past two months, especially in my chest and lats. Doing more bodyweight exercises has helped, I think. Also my lower back is looking more defined, which is definately a result of doing deadlifts.

As far as functional improvement, I've increased the weights on just about every exercise that I do, and my endurance is coming along as well. My runnign mileage is still just ok, but I'm about to move into a month of fairly heavy training (hills, maybe some tempo runs, +30km long runs), which is in preparation for my first race of the year at the end of March.

Good luck to everyone else! Keep up the great work.

Doing awesome!

I started at 12% and I am about 8% now (via 7 site skinfold). Started on 12/26/06.

Initial weight was 179 lbs and I am now 175 lbs. So with the body fat decrease, I have put on a little muscle as well.

Strength is up. Energy is great.

Latest pic (2/23/07) is to the left (my avatar pic).

I am doing alright, my gains in the last 2 months haven't been as great as before christmas (and the contest) but that was to be expected.

Also I am having some problems affording to eat as much as I need to, both in terms of money and time! But hopefully I can stick at it and get to my goal weight of 220lbs (30 lbs to gain).

I did well before Christmas, I guess that's actually before the competition but then I've been feeling pretty down and unmotivated, and haven't achieved anything physically

But I am starting again, so hopefully will have good news in the following weeks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Im up 9 pounds from where i started, so a consistant 157 now.

I Pulled 300 on deadlift the other day, which is a first for me. JUST today I full sqatted 210 for 3 and 225 for 1, which is big progress from where I started.

I'll get some prizes sorted out soon. As many know, it takes me forever to get prizes sent out so I have to be careful as to what I decide to give away.

Best of luck to everyone. I know it's not about the prizes, but about physique transformation. We just like to reward hard work with some Vegan Bodybuilding and Vega stuff.

Have fun! Train Hard Eat Plenty (or don't eat plenty, depending on your goals)

I am in the last week of heavy mileage run training. Starting next week I'll be tapering for my big race at the end of May (and driving everyone around me crazy!). After the race, I'm looking forward to running faster but lower mileage, and working out at the gym more often. But I'm looking good and feeling great! Great job everyone.

Hey Skinny,

You gotta come back more often. I've seen your progress photos on myspace. Great work!

We'll have some Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness clothing prizes for sure and we'll have some Vega Powder and Vega Bars for winners of this challenge and I'm working on getting more prizes too.

Have fun everyone!