Vegan Bakery offers bike-thru window

michaelhobson

That sounds like a plan...

I'm a little concerned, that once I visit the Vegan Heaven that is Portland, then I won't want to leave.

What are you concerned about??? If your this excited about the idea of going maybe it wouldn't be such a bad thing...plus you'd be able to ride the velodrome all the time

I have spent time overseas before (2 years) and you miss family and friends a lot. Plus, I'm not sure a quiet and slightly shy Aussie like me could live in America for too long...

Americans love Aussies...even little hints of accents do the trick for me even if you only say one word every few hours...as for missing family thats the only reason why I wouldn't jump up and leave for too long.

I'm sure you've have no problem meeting nice men in Portland...hell take your pick...you'll probably find really muscular men and cyclist in vegan form to boot...also all gay of course

I went by there yesterday. Sadly they've chosen to sell meat & dairy...

The article only said they sell vegan treats. I guess I never assumed it was an all-vegan place, just sells vegan stuff like everywhere else in Portland. I was impressed with the bike-thru window, although it would of course be much cooler if it were all vegan.

Well I'm glad to hear American's love Aussies... I've been sniffing around online and seen some rather nice looking Americans....

I guess we will have to wait and see... Maybe I could end up staying in Portland, longer than I am thinking...

Being from Sydney, Portland's weather would be too cold for you. You'd be much better off in Austin!

The article only said they sell vegan treats. I guess I never assumed it was an all-vegan place, just sells vegan stuff like everywhere else in Portland. I was impressed with the bike-thru window, although it would of course be much cooler if it were all vegan.

I definitely expected it be all-vegan. They run an all vegan bakery & their phone # is: 1.877.23.VEGAN...

That sounds like a BS business to me...I'd rather eat the one vegan thing at a regular bakery(normally those yummy packaged cookies) than go to a place like that...it looks pretty rediculous

I definitely expected it be all-vegan. They run an all vegan bakery & their phone # is: 1.877.23.VEGAN...

Aye, well I see your point then, I was just going by the article. Why run an all-vegan bakery and then sell meat? I guess like most people they are just in it to make a buck. Bleck!

That sounds like a BS business to me...I'd rather eat the one vegan thing at a regular bakery(normally those yummy packaged cookies) than go to a place like that...it looks pretty rediculous

I kind of agree with you on that one Potter.

Being from Sydney, Portland's weather would be too cold for you. You'd be much better off in Austin!

Austin you say, hmmmm.... Are there lots of Vegan places and friendly Vegans in Austin?

Yes! We have awesome restaurants, a vibrant vegan scene, and plenty of friendly, kick-ass vegans (some with beautiful guest rooms right in the cool part of town)!

Austin you say, hmmmm.... Are there lots of Vegan places and friendly Vegans in Austin?

Yes! We have awesome restaurants, a vibrant vegan scene, and plenty of friendly, kick-ass vegans (some with beautiful guest rooms right in the cool part of town)!

Oh ok, When I think of Texas, I sort of think of George Bush, lots of Guns and Ranches.... Maybe I'll have to visit sometime.... Apart from the cool vegan Scene, and Kick-ass vegans I'd love to see an Armadillo (I've heard that you can see them in Texas), if you can tell me I might see one, then I'm sold.... (I think they are really cute)

Oh ok, When I think of Texas, I sort of think of George Bush, lots of Guns and Ranches.... Maybe I'll have to visit sometime.... Apart from the cool vegan Scene, and Kick-ass vegans I'd love to see an Armadillo (I've heard that you can see them in Texas), if you can tell me I might see one, then I'm sold.... (I think they are really cute)

What we say here is that the best thing about Austin is that Texas is just a short drive away! Austin is a totally progressive, hippie town, with one of the best music scenes in the world, an incredible amount of outdoor activities, a thriving technology industry, and some of the friendliest people you'll ever meet. Travis County (where Austin is) is the only county in Texas that went for Kerry and the only county that went against the ban on same sex marriage! As for armadillos, I'm sure you can find them here, but Austin is not the dry, tumbleweed infested area that may come to mind when thinking of Texas. It's very green, with rolling hills, beautiful oak trees, and lakes. I'll do some research and find out where the armadillos hang out!

What we say here is that the best thing about Austin is that Texas is just a short drive away! Austin is a totally progressive, hippie town, with one of the best music scenes in the world, an incredible amount of outdoor activities, a thriving technology industry, and some of the friendliest people you'll ever meet. Travis County (where Austin is) is the only county in Texas that went for Kerry and the only county that went against the ban on same sex marriage! As for armadillos, I'm sure you can find them here, but Austin is not the dry, tumbleweed infested area that may come to mind when thinking of Texas. It's very green, with rolling hills, beautiful oak trees, and lakes. I'll do some research and find out where the armadillos hang out!

In sounds like a very cool place, It sounds like somewhere I could visit for sure... That said Armadillo's are important, lol... I don't wanna go draging myself all the way down there unless I see one of the little chaps

In sounds like a very cool place, It sounds like somewhere I could visit for sure... That said Armadillo's are important, lol... I don't wanna go draging myself all the way down there unless I see one of the little chaps

OK, having only lived in Austin for about 3 years, I'm admittedly not an Armadillo expert. Co-workers assure me that they're all over Austin. I'm pretty sure you can see them at our Zoo(which is a rescue zoo and hosts an annual vegetarian chili cookoff!).

OK, having only lived in Austin for about 3 years, I'm admittedly not an Armadillo expert. Co-workers assure me that they're all over Austin. I'm pretty sure you can see them at our Zoo(which is a rescue zoo and hosts an annual vegetarian chili cookoff!).

That's ok, I'm happy that the chances of seeing an Armadillo are pretty good. I wish that there were more Zoo's like Austin Zoo, I really don't like the zoo here in Sydney.

I think I might have to look into flights into Austin etc, maybe I'll be able to work it so I get down that way for a bit after Vegan Vacation.

That's ok, I'm happy that the chances of seeing an Armadillo are pretty good. I wish that there were more Zoo's like Austin Zoo, I really don't like the zoo here in Sydney.

I think I might have to look into flights into Austin etc, maybe I'll be able to work it so I get down that way for a bit after Vegan Vacation.

Our zoo is the first that I've ever felt positive about visiting! Come on down!

What makes this zoo not as cruel as other zoos???

All of the animals are rescued and would not be able to be reintroduced into the wild. I believe they also won't take an animal if it could go to a sanctuary instead, so they have no elephants, for example. It's a pretty small place, quiet, and you don't see the animals pacing or exhibiting other signs of insanity. Obviously, it would be better if no zoos existed at all. However, when you read the signs outside the habitats and learn what these creatures have been through (roadside zoos, lions as guard animals in junkyards, etc.), and then see them sleeping in the sun, playing with their environment, and finally being treated with compassion, it's hard not to feel good about this place. I guess the alternative would be to put them all down, but I really don't see how that is the more compassionate choice.

We have a place a bit like that here in Richmond(runs on donations)...all the birds of prey are rescued...they have two bears. But they also have ducks(the same kind you can see everywhere) that are confined, and also lots of fish and turtles that could obviously live in the wild