Training to gain mass

Zack

So I'm not really a fan of being big, I enjoy being smaller and cut, but I'd like to gain a little mass first. I've head stick to compound movements like squats shrugs and bench, but what would be a good routine for me to gain some size first, but not too much?

I use a routine that consists of squat, bench press, deadlift, dips, pullups, rows, military press, snatch and high pull. Plus pec dec and calf raise thrown in for isolation. So far I've gained 6 pounds since the beginnig of the year. But if you don't start eating until the gag-reflex kicks in, you won't grow that much, compounds or no compounds.

Maybe for starters just stick to your current routine and try to eat more? See what happens and then change other variables (volume, exercises choice, frequency) iny our training.

I can't really eat more right now. I have to keep my lymph system clean due to a liver disease, it's finally cleared out. Maybe i'll just cut up.. Or i'll eat when i'm hungry and do a routine similar to yours, see what happens.

I can't really eat more right now. I have to keep my lymph system clean due to a liver disease, it's finally cleared out. Maybe i'll just cut up.. Or i'll eat when i'm hungry and do a routine similar to yours, see what happens.

You will probably have more luck cutting than bulking if you are limited in how much you can eat... Maybe wait until things have sorted themselves out before you try and bulk more...

So I'm not really a fan of being big, I enjoy being smaller and cut, but I'd like to gain a little mass first. I've head stick to compound movements like squats shrugs and bench, but what would be a good routine for me to gain some size first, but not too much?

Your not gonna wake up one day and be a roided-out freak. Keep the bench, squat and deadlift. Keep the heavy weights. Keep the hard lifting.

I WISH I could gain "too much". That would be awesome. But anyway... dont worry about getting too big. Its not going to happen.

Your not gonna wake up one day and be a roided-out freak. Keep the bench, squat and deadlift. Keep the heavy weights. Keep the hard lifting.

I WISH I could gain "too much". That would be awesome. But anyway... dont worry about getting too big. Its not going to happen.

i concur