goji berries?

Yes, i eat them and love them.

I eat a big handful before a bike ride and/or weight workout and they seem to give me a little extra boost.

They seem to taste like a mix of cranberry and raisin.

I never put them in anything though. Just eat them alone or with some almonds.

the price is outrageous but, people say they are amazing. I think raw spinach and kale is just as amazing.

So true, and I think goji berries taste like a greenfood anyway, just smaller and more expensive.

Then again, I understand the antioxidant content is amazing, then again, you can not get them fresh and local like kale and spinach.

you can get the same high antioxident content from palm fruit or hibiscus. elder berries. black currants. honestly, most berries are super high. i think that goji berries are a successful marketing ploy. with the amount available, the price should come down. if they tasted better or were prooven to grow ten pounds of muscle, i would eat them at this price, but unless that happens, i agree with whoever said it above...

i only snag them from friends...

The real key is selling the idea of eating them to friends so they always have them around...then you make the feel guilty by saying you should share these with me since I'm basically giving you years of extra life(not that thats true but it may work)

• 2 weeks later...

hi folks,

goji/lyceum berries actually are an excellent food/medicinal herb. especially in (not raw) teas.

you can get them for about $8-$10 a pound in various china towns all over the country. (they sell 'em for $2 a pound for lower quality ones.)

of course we all know that you can't trust chinese people to sell "PURE RAW 100% ORGANIC HIGH VIBRATION MONOATOMIC BLAH BLAH BLAH" unlike white people who sell us raw super-duper foods, who are completely trustworthy in all things always... it says so right here on this package!

...no really, i've found superb quality (better than raw website's versions) goji berries in chinatown for $8 a pound.

hi folks,

goji/lyceum berries actually are an excellent food/medicinal herb. especially in (not raw) teas.

you can get them for about $8-$10 a pound in various china towns all over the country. (they sell 'em for $2 a pound for lower quality ones.)

of course we all know that you can't trust chinese people to sell "PURE RAW 100% ORGANIC HIGH VIBRATION MONOATOMIC BLAH BLAH BLAH" unlike white people who sell us raw super-duper foods, who are completely trustworthy in all things always... it says so right here on this package!

...no really, i've found superb quality (better than raw website's versions) goji berries in chinatown for $8 a pound.

are you a bot?

please.... don't pay the 'white people's price' they're going to charge you at wholefoods... get it much cheaper... just because something says 'raw' on the package doesn't make it so...

here's a little info about lycium/goji http://www.dragonherbs.com/herbs/herbs.asp?herb_id=13163

the price gouging by marketteers really baffles me. do people really think nobody will look this stuff up for themselves?

I don't really think that the berries being raw or not matters for the price. Even if they weren't raw I don't think dried is all that much better...fresh would be a different story though.

• 2 weeks later...

I buy mine at the chinese market for PEANUTS....

Ya, they do not say organic.

I ran into a naturopath there who noticed the bags inmy cart,,,he introduced himself and said he has ppl in his practice buy these...

They are like red raisons...not a plump, with more seeds in em, and NOT sweet.

I have a small spoonful most mornings in an energy mix that includes maca, mesquite, bee pollen, dulse, msm sulphur and cinnnamon... i like them... the cost isn't really an issue for me... i think they do make a difference... but i put more focus on getting lots of fresh fruit than just supplements. a lot of people report feeling amazing differences on them, one girl i know thought they made her boobs bigger!

if you like goji berries try fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries blended with ice... honey/agave optional... amazing.