Vegan Doc Martens

pelicanAndrew

Doc Martens IS apparently going to do vegan boots again in the future (yay!) After a few years of only working with leather, we spoke with them at a tradeshow last month and they said that they're working on some vegan styles again to release within the next year. We're keeping our fingers crossed that this actually happens. Vegetarian Shoes does make some similar styles as well, so in the meantime, go to them for anything you need!

Yea, mooshoes has a bunch of stuff that vegetarian shoes has and they're state side as well meaning no wacky shipping costs.

I think I may ask for shoes for my b-day.

Doc Martens definitely used to make vegan ones. I'd like some steel capped ones if i get them. Kinda wish they were still in England and not in China.

Oh well, can't have everything!!!

Yea, mooshoes has a bunch of stuff that vegetarian shoes has and they're state side as well meaning no wacky shipping costs.

I think I may ask for shoes for my b-day.

Doc Martens definitely used to make vegan ones. I'd like some steel capped ones if i get them. Kinda wish they were still in England and not in China.

Oh well, can't have everything!!!

That is where vegetarian shoes are great because they produce in the UK and Portugal in non sweat shop factories. I read somewhere they helped Ad busters out with advice when they were looking for somewhere to make the black spot sneakers.

• 3 weeks later...
Any luck finding these boots anywhere for an affordable price? 150 bucks is just too much for a pair of boots ...

Unfortunately, not much of a chance on that. Fair-labor produced footwear made in Europe or the USA will run a bundle unless it's someone like New Balance that's got tremendous power in the shoe market due to their manufacturing volume. The one thing that we've found after all these years is that you usually get what you pay for - years ago I used to get my vegan footwear from Payless before we started selling shoes, and if I got 3 months out of a pair of their styles it was a miracle. Once I started wearing brands that cost more I was able to get a year or two out of a pair of shoes with no problem, so while you may have to pay more for a brand like Vegetarian Shoes, you're supporting both non-sweatshop labor and getting a far higher quality than you will with a nameless cheaper brand. Typically with a company like Veg Shoes, if you somehow hit a defect in the first few months that causes the shoes to fall apart they're pretty good about replacing them, unlike if you take a pair of another brand back to the store you bought them from, which is a nice touch. Thow on the factor that there's less waste in having a pair of shoes or boots last a few years instead of going through 2-4 pair in the same time and it all adds up a bit more on the benefit of higher quality stuff as you're not tossing more junk into the landfills.

Oh yeah, don't forget the fact that buying their footwear means you're supporting a 100% vegan company, and none of the money you pay is going back to make anything in leather!