Any suggestions for a good parasite cleanse?

I stepped up to eating mostly raw about a week ago and now I'd like to do a parasite cleanse. I've read that Pineapple/pumpkin seeds (raw) works but really I'm thinking about going to the health food store and buying a product specifically designed for it. Any suggestions?

A parasite cleanse is when you flush all the foreign parasites out of your body. People who eat a lot of raw are far more susceptible than people who eat cooked food since parasites aren't killed during the food prep. That's why its good to really wash your produce with a vegetable brush. But you can't control how your food gets cleaned when you eat out so it's good to do a parasite cleanse... they say once or twice a year. This is the first one ever for me.

Here's some info... I'm not endorsing the product their selling but they have good info on the colon and paratites and the damage they can do. They can sometimes be the cause of intestinal problems.

http://www.thelifetree.com/STRCLNSE.HTM

I've read someone who suggested that eating ONLY pineapple and raw pumpkin seeds for 3 days straight will cleanse parasites. I'm not sure how well that works though. I just bought one called Paragone. I'll post the results when I'm done. It takes about a month to do.

rawfoodists are far more susceptible? i once heard the opposite... that because of all the 'detox' in the body would make a 'harder' place for parasites to live..

thanks for definition.. that's one more reason to fast..

pfwgrendel This is a parasite removing drink taken from David Wolfe's book.

Called Molotove Cocktail <- Nice name huh !

4 Apples

1 Clove of Garlic

1 quarter slice of an onion root

1 red Jalepeno pepper

1 Slice fresh ginger root

Two cups of this drink a day : One for breakfast, one for dinner. This drink is likely to burn out all digestive parasites within 30 days.

Now I'm reading loads of raw material/herbal books of late, and the last 4 ingredients come up time and time again for clearing out parasites. From what I've read it seems parasites just don't like the hot nature of these foods.

I'm just wondering, when I should do this drink though. I am at the losing the false body stage, and wondered after several months of doing that along with colonics and fasting this recipe will work best.

Whatever, when I read about parasites and saw programs about them, I thought I'm not having those little nasties in me (if I do have them) !

I use Herbal Fiberblend.

WHAT'S IN AIM FIBERBLEND® COMMON NAME

Alfalfa

Black Walnut Hulls

Cascara Sagrada

Hibiscus Flower

Irish Moss

Licorice Root

Marshmallow Root

Mullein

Oatstraw

Passion Flower

Psyllium

Pumpkin Seeds

Shavegrass

Slippery Elm Bark

Stevia

Violet

Witch Hazel

Yucca

Yucca brevifolia

• 9 months later...

eek...no no... raw vegans are actually much less susceptible to parasites because parasites/fungus , etc. can only flourish in an acidic environment.

Which is why parasites are an (in)direct cause of A LOT of diseases

in western society!

The only way you'd be very susceptible to parasites as a rawie would be

A: If you lived in a third world country near the equator, and even

then it wouldn't the the produce you'd need to worry about as much as the water!

B: If you consume raw dairy and meat products. Then you just have to

be very very careful with where you get your food, and knowing the

farmer is a must in this cause. Because the chances are much greater

that you could get tapeworms, flukes, etc.

Carol Alts first raw food book explains it pretty well...

www.carolalt.com

But, I am not against parasite cleanses at all, doing them is definitely beneficial, dare I say necessary. It is estimated that nearly 98% of

the population have parasites living inside of them.

A very good 3 month cleanse I would recommend..

is in Gabriel Cousens' "Green Rainbow Live-Food Cuisine" book..

Actually we need mostly all of those parasites. They are an integral part of digesting food. Sure there are "some" bad ones but if you try to kill all the bad ones(which you can't) you'd take most of the good ones with them.

can only flourish in an acidic environment..

So if you're raw your whole intestinal tract becomes alkaline?

Interesting..

The body as a whole likes to be alkaline.

(to be more specific the blood has to remain alkaline, while the organs

can stand a bit of acidity.)

But I'm not saying you need to be SO alkaline as to lose hyderalic acid,

It's more.. you're body will be acidic where it NEEDS to be (stomach acid,

parts of the intestinal tract..etc..), rather than all over the place/produce

excess acidity for parasites and viruses to feed on...

Actually we need mostly all of those parasites. They are an integral part of digesting food. Sure there are "some" bad ones but if you try to kill all the bad ones(which you can't) you'd take most of the good ones with them.

umm... that is only true with antibiotics, not when you approach

it naturally, like say with herbs..

Herbs aren't selective...only your body is. Your body does its best to fight the good ones and leave the bad. Actually antibiotics aren't always good at this because they too take the good sometimes.

Herbs aren't selective...only your body is. Your body does its best to fight the good ones and leave the bad. Actually antibiotics aren't always good at this because they too take the good sometimes.

Your body can only be selective if it has the right environment to do so.

And I've rid myself of some infections purely because of herbs, like the

fact that oregono spirits is pretty much an herbal form of antibiotics.

Only it only focuses on the bad and leaves the good.

Antibiotics kill both good and bad.