Most skates don't have leather anymore...if your happy using ones with liners they are fine but I never found a pair that was comfy. I know Nike now makes some that look like hockey skates and have a synthetic liner(doesn't even feel like leather). Also what do you want to do with them??? I played hockey for nearly 8 years(ice and street) and also did some aggressive skating for nearly two...now I'm interested in speed skates for cross training but the non leather ones are either too uncomfortable or way too expensive(over $800) so I'm waiting or going to pick up a used pair if I get to try them first.

If it were me, I'd probably look into a pair at a used sports store. I say that because I've had my blades for like 15 years and they're still in decent shape - I just rotate the wheels and clean the bearings from time to time, buy new wheels and bearings when they wear out. You could get a used pair cheap, put some nice new wheels and bearings on there, and you'd be good to go for a lot less than a new pair.

I have Roces brand, wife has Rollerblades, and both are hard plastic. I don't know if I've seen a leather pair ever, so you're probably ok as far as that goes.

I didn't think about used...also thats a way to get a pair slightly softened. Some of those hard shelled skates are really painful to wear at first.

i used to do aggressive inline....rails, ledges, ramps, pipes, flips, grinds, spins, etc.

i was pretty good at it. my cousin was amazing at it and his friends are pro sponsored athletes, and one of em even won the x-games once back in the day

I was never that good...I could grind pretty well...do a 540(failed many times trying 720s), and wacked my shoulders on the ground trying a flip which was very stupid since I wasn't even close to skilled enough yet to try it

yesterday was my first time in 7 years.... finally!

it wasn't easy like i was expecting.. but it was really fun.. today i did some skating.. and i can already feel the improvements... i'm learning really fast..

( yes, and i fell a lot.. i'm alright though )