I'm moving to Germany in 2008

Hero

true story. im moving back to PA this summer (june 2007), and should be moving to Vilseck, Germany by January 2007.

I'm going to live in my bestfriend's spare bedroom and place bass in his new band. I could be there for weeks, months, or years. It all depends how the band goes and job situation and all that.

I plan to sightsee lots of Europe if I can.

hoping to eventually play 2nd guitar in a vegan sxe hardcore band either in the USA or any country in europe. who knows where i'll end up. hehe.

im gonna be car-free at the end of the year, and never own a car again. i cant wait to enjoy life working a "dead-end" job, and playing and touring in a band til im an old man. lol.

We'll have to meet in real life when you come back to PA if you're going to be back in the Northeast.

sure if you want.

im not a big guy by any means at all anymore. im a skinny little stick lol. but ive got some serious strength

Hey if you get a band together and you're in the states you gotta play with my band. We're by no means vegan or straight edge friendly(i'm the only vegan) but we love playing shows and aren't dicks.

I too look forward to working "dead end" jobs.

right on man. sounds good. yeh once i have a band, we'll play shows with whoever's not a dick too. lol. they dont have to be vegan or edge.

vilseck is only 45 minutes away from nuremberg which means you could easily come over and meet me and some nice people of our animal rights group.

seriously, the world has become a small place!

good luck with all your plans

:shock: vilseck is only 45 minutes away from nuremberg which means you could easily come over and meet me and some nice people of our animal rights group.

seriously, the world has become a small place!

good luck with all your plans

oh thats freaking awesome. this is purrrfect.

i totally have to meet up with you and the animal rights group. i would like to do a lot of work with them if i can. this makes me happy.

whats vilseck like?

do you happen to know of any jobs that Id be able to work for $$?

I've never been to vilseck, all I know is that's a rather small town. here's a short article about it on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vilseck

unfortunately I don't know of any jobs - I don't know about the bureaucracy you are facing when jobbing as a foreigner, too. maybe some of the other germans on the board can give you some information about this

I'm sure there will be some interesting concerts at the time you're here (we're having information tables about veganism and animal rights on many concerts) so life shouldn't be too boring

so, how's your german like?

awesome.

i dont know any german. when i was younger i knew a little bit from exploratory language class in gradeschool. but in highschool i took spanish for 3 years. so me speaking, reading, or writing german is non-existant. im sure i can pick up a few key words. but thats why im gonna eat raw too. so i can just buy fruit and whatnot, so im sure its vegan...since i dont speak german to ask if theres any nonveg ingredients in it. ya know?

Hey if you get a band together and you're in the states you gotta play with my band. We're by no means vegan or straight edge friendly(i'm the only vegan) but we love playing shows and aren't dicks.

I too look forward to working "dead end" jobs.

right on man. sounds good. yeh once i have a band, we'll play shows with whoever's not a dick too. lol. they dont have to be vegan or edge.

Just checking.

We'll have to meet in real life when you come back to PA if you're going to be back in the Northeast.

sure if you want.

im not a big guy by any means at all anymore. im a skinny little stick lol. but ive got some serious strength

I've met 5 people here on the forums and loved meeting them all, so I'm sure meeting #6 will be cool too.

It amazes me because I used to go to an arcade that I think was about 10 minutes from you about 5 - 6 times a week, but then by the time I found out about you, you moved out west. :-/

sure if you want.

I've met 5 people here on the forums and loved meeting them all, so I'm sure meeting #6 will be cool too.

It amazes me because I used to go to an arcade that I think was about 10 minutes from you about 5 - 6 times a week, but then by the time I found out about you, you moved out west. :-/

yeh sorry bout that. lol.

well i will be back this summer. a good 8-10 days every month. I plan to do a lot of hiking, spending time with my family, and going to hardcore shows, but im sure we could meet up sometime and do something.

sure if you want.

yeh sorry bout that. lol.

well i will be back this summer. a good 8-10 days every month. I plan to do a lot of hiking, spending time with my family, and going to hardcore shows, but im sure we could meet up sometime and do something.

Lifting...? That works for me, if you're still up for it, there are a couple of gyms in your area, right?

• 5 weeks later...
hi,

i'm in heidelberg which is not to to far from vilseck. my husband is currently in vilseck he said it's pretty nice near the tscheck boarder. many army dudes are stationed near and in vilseck.

let me know when you are germany would like to meet as well.

yeh,, my bestfriend is in the US army and is stationed in vilseck, thats why id be there.

but plans always change for me. so i might not end up moving there. who knows. we'll see what happens