Hello from New York City

Mr.OatGroat

Hi Friends,

I've just discovered this site yesterday. It's full of great info! I will enjoy scrolling through the archives.

A little about myself... I currently reside NYC (Bushwick, Brooklyn). I grew up in San Diego CA and previously lived in Phoenix AZ and in Los Angeles CA. I have been a vegetarian for about 10 years and vegan for about 7 years. I have a new found interest in getting into great shape. I'm not in terrible shape right now, but I was only going to the gym once or twice a week. I'm going 4 times weekly now and am really hitting the weights. I've been focusing more on eating raw/whole foods, as opposed to the processed vegan stuff I was eating (not that it's so bad, but I was eating a lot of smart slices, fried foods-falafel/fries) Before, at the gym, I was mostly cardio and sit ups.

Besides that stuff, I'm also interested in guitars, rock n roll, movies, yoga (hatha, karma and raja), riding bikes (yay! for springtime), cooking (well I guess it should really be called "preparing food"), video games and having an occasional drink of gin.

Thanks for reading! Let's all help each other to stay motivated and have fun!

Welcome!

You'll have an awesome time here! We want more people from New York too!

We do have loads and loads of information here and many people are much like you......leaving some processed foods behind and going more and more raw, myself included.

I lived in Phoenix and have visited San Diego a bunch and I'm in L.A. on vacation now, so we already have lots in common

Enjoy the forum and welcome aboard!

I'm staying on Sunset Blvd. and I've driven by it in the past but haven't gone there this trip yet.

If I don't make it, I'll be back here again in a few months for 2 weeks. I need to make it out to New York sometime!

I've been to probably 8 of the largest 10 cities in the country but not New York!

Enjoy your time here!

New York is great. There is tons of vegan adventures here. But you have Portland, which is awesome. A friend of mine owns a vegan tattoo shop in Portland (Scapegoat Tattoos), next to Food Fight. I recommend his work if you (or anyone in PDX) is in the market for tattoos.

I know Brian And Ryan and the others that work there I go to Food Fight! all the time and often say hi to the Scapegoat guys.

See, more stuff in common already!

I hear great things about New York, especially for vegans. I hope to make it there someday soon.

Right now I'm loving L.A. and I returnt home to Portland tomorrow night.

I know Brian And Ryan and the others that work there I go to Food Fight! all the time and often say hi to the Scapegoat guys.

Hey, small world. I've been friends with Brian and his brother John for years now. I gave John a tattoo when they were visiting NYC. I have pics of my tattoo work on my myspace page (www.myspace.com/deaddoctors) in the blog section.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes everyone!

Welcome, Mr OG!!

-Another east coaster! My wife and I are in Mass, on Cape Cod, so probably around 4 hrs or so away.

Hi Finbarrio,

I love Massachusetts! I was just there at the end of the 2006 visiting Boston and Beverly. Veggie Planet pizza in Harvard Square is some of the best vegan pizza I've ever had!

Welcome...what kind of cycling do you do???

Thanks, I mostly ride to work and run errands on my bike when the weather is nice out. Though it is really stressful to ride in NYC. There are a lot of cars out there that don't pay much attention to bikers. I've been hit twice in the past year.

Thanks, I mostly ride to work and run errands on my bike when the weather is nice out. Though it is really stressful to ride in NYC. There are a lot of cars out there that don't pay much attention to bikers. I've been hit twice in the past year.

I've always wondered how that worked. There are so many elite cyclists from NY City...how in the world do they get training ing.

• 1 month later...