Another push-up contest

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

suz, those record are insane.

I just tried myself for 1 set, and managed only 15

I know I can do better than this though.

*goes to try again*

..ok just barely did 31 in one set.

increased original attempt by 100%

maybe ill try again sometime later.

Damn, Bwii! That's awesome!

I was seriously overtrained at the end of last week from 5 intense days in a row at my kickboxing gym. Took some time to recover, went out of town, now I'm working back up to another attempt soon. I gotta long way to go it seems! [/b]

Damn, Bwii! That's awesome!

I was seriously overtrained at the end of last week from 5 intense days in a row at my kickboxing gym. Took some time to recover, went out of town, now I'm working back up to another attempt soon. I gotta long way to go it seems! [/b]

Hey man I can see you hitting 100's soon....get your rest then come get me....

last night i did 40 without resting.

I decided on a number before I started, and then paced myself throughout the best i could so that i could reach it.

after i did it i just layed there for like 5-10 minutes, lol..

Nice work!

For work sets I go for explosive concentrics and super-slow eccentrics: for bodyweight press-ups this means a controlled explosive "up", to a count of 1, and then a controlled down to a count of 8, "fighting the negative", fighting gravity ...

This is the best way if you want muscle strength and size - you'll recruit slow-twitch and fast-twitch fibres.

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/4978/front1cl4.th.jpg

Thanks, Gorilla... yeah, I gotta change something in my training. I'm hittin' the wall on these push ups. I'll try your suggestion. I've been doing one handers too, but they don't hit in the same way. Might be time to start shopping for a weight vest...

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Robert and Gorilla. Just felt strong last night after recovering from a brutal 2-day detox event. Maybe I was helped by the 4 lbs I lost overnight!

Yeah, new avatar pic. I've upped the intensity of my training and am doing all my excercises the way you suggested, Gorilla. It's helping me with speed and power at the kickboxing gym too. All I need to do now is work less and work out more!