Andre 3000 from Outkast

robert

I just heard that Andre 3000 from Outkast is Vegan. There are tons and tons of famous people who are vegans, and of course millions of non-famous people who are vegans too.

When you find out about vegan celebrities please let me know, maybe I'll meet up with them sometime during my travels.

Have a great day everyone.

Robert

I heard that Brittany Murphy goes beyong vegan. She doesn't eat any thing that has ever been alive. No plants, nothing. I heard that if she even thinks about animals after a meal she makes herself throw it up. She's truely an inspiration to us all, particularly impressionable young girls, Her morals are so high that she practically never eats at all.

(The Message above is obviously for humor only and not inteaded to offend anyone, well except for Brittany Murphy... )

• 3 weeks later...

If you are interested I would look up some of those people on different sites. for example the PETA website had Henry Rollins nominated forl sexy vegan of the year or something to that effect. I emailed him and he was really suprised since he eats chicken, fish, etc. Some of the people I have found to be vegan is the New singer of Sepultura (Derek Greene), Davey Havok of AFI, and I have read the drummer for Fear Factory is a vegan. Derek I am sure of since a bio said he eats lots of Boca burgers. Anyhow i hope your searches are productive.

• 1 month later...
If you are interested I would look up some of those people on different sites. for example the PETA website had Henry Rollins nominated forl sexy vegan of the year or something to that effect. I emailed him and he was really suprised since he eats chicken, fish, etc. Some of the people I have found to be vegan is the New singer of Sepultura (Derek Greene), Davey Havok of AFI, and I have read the drummer for Fear Factory is a vegan. Derek I am sure of since a bio said he eats lots of Boca burgers. Anyhow i hope your searches are productive.

Prince is vegan (which is great cause I am a huge prince fan).

Kim basinger is at least vegetarian, as is Alec Baldwin.

Unfortunately, Prince is also a nut.

I prefer to name people who've actually effected change, such as Dr. Albert Schweitzer, Mohandas Gandhi, Pythagoras, Albert Einstein, Leo Tolstoy. I'm not sure if all, if any, were vegan but they were all vegetarians.

HHHHHHEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

What do you mean Prince is a nut? I demand an explanation!

Albert Schweitzer, from what I know about him, was indeed an aawesome and kind man and was a peace prize laureate. he used to take the time to scoop worms off the hot pavement and place them gently on the cool grass where they needed to be to survive.

That is why I was shocked to read that he was a vegetarian only for a very brief time before he died, and was never a perfec vegetarian (i.e. he still occasionally ate animal flesh). Although, one biographer writes that Schweitzer had expressed great regret to the biographer that he hadn't been a vegetarian.

Kind of a sad story. Hard to beleive, in view of all he wrote and did for animals, and people (he was a great humantiarian and very kind man), he still occasionally consumed animals shortly before he died.

But nevertheless, he was still an inspritional man. perhaps he had his reasons for not going 100% vegetarian. It is hard to cast any judgment on a man that did so much for so many people and animals, even if he wasn't a perfect or consistent vegetarian.

HHHHHHEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

What do you mean Prince is a nut? I demand an explanation!

Have you ever read any of his interviews?! The man's a talented musician but, like many artists, he marches to the beat of an very different drummer.

My understanding of Dr. Scweitzer was that he'd been vegetarian most of his adult life, but did reluctantly start eating flesh towards the end for health reasons. However, I've never actually read a biography of him (even though I have one), so I could be entirely mistaken.

And, you're right: he was a great man, nonetheless.

I got an e-mail from Prince's neighbor a few months ago. I didn't know he lived next to Prince at the time and he was writing me about veganism. Then I mentioned this guy to some of my vegan friends and they were like, "did he mention he is neighbors with Prince?"

So anyway, Prince's neighbor is a Raw Vegan

I got an e-mail from Prince's neighbor a few months ago. I didn't know he lived next to Prince at the time and he was writing me about veganism. Then I mentioned this guy to some of my vegan friends and they were like, "did he mention he is neighbors with Prince?"

So anyway, Prince's neighbor is a Raw Vegan

OMG you MUST tell me more. Prince currently resides in Toronto, about 10 minutes from where I live. Of course, his house is all gated and stuff obviously. Anyway, was this neighbour his Torontp neighbour, or was he Prince's neighbour when Prince used to live in the States?

Did you know that Prince himself was vegan too (although I doubt he was raw)?

Last I heard, was that he lived in Minnesota. I could e-mail the guy to get an update. The guy is named Eric Rivkin, he's a raw vegan and I think he does presentions, workshops, and goes on speaking tour at vegan/vegetarian events.

Last I heard, was that he lived in Minnesota. I could e-mail the guy to get an update. The guy is named Eric Rivkin, he's a raw vegan and I think he does presentions, workshops, and goes on speaking tour at vegan/vegetarian events.

Sure. please do email him if you wouldn't mind (I'll take that as a b-day gift!!) . What I would like you to specifically ask is whether he had any effect or influence on Prince's veganism? Perhaps Prince consulted him for advice?

That would be interesting to know.

I am going to hold you to this so make sure you send that email. I'll keep bugging you about it

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if this is true?

I just read this today

-Robert

Famous vegan Andre 3000 and his baffling tail

Knight Ridder Newspapers

Aug. 31, 2005 05:15 PM

Andre

Benjamin, a.k.a. Andre 3000 of OutKast, is a vegan, and a famous one.

Apparently, according to the New York Post, the rapper and actor was

named "sexiest male vegetarian" by People for the Ethical Treatment of

Animals. But wait, what's that thing hanging from his belt? Why, it's a

genuine gray wolf's tail he picked up in Canada.

Apparently

opposed to eating animals, Benjamin seems to have no problem wearing

them. Never mind, by the way, that the gray wolf is considered an

endangered species in the United States. And it gets better. Benjamin,

currently starring in the movie "Four Brothers" with Mark Wahlberg,

plans to put out a line of clothing that includes the wolf's tail as an

accessory, the Post reports. Asked about the hollow hypocrisy of it

all, Benjamin said, "I'm a vegan, but I like to look good, too."

I don't know the details, I just heard that info in that article and posted it to see if anyone knows if it is "true."

I will continue to look into it. It is always great to hear about vegans in the public eye, but it seems that not all vegan celebrities are "fully vegan."

If this is true about him wearing endangered species around, it totally sucks, but with media you never know what to believe. So if I hear more things I'll share.

• 4 weeks later...