stretch marks, HELP

robert

I think we have a thread about this somewhere. It's very common in bodybuilding and I think powerlifting too. Anytime people gain weight pretty quickly, it can happen.

For now, you can think of it as a compliment to your hard work

If I find the other thread, I'll let you know, but I'm sure others will have some input too.

I hope it gets better for you.

hey hey,

stretch marks.

Well I've got 'em on my shoulders. You can't really see 'em , but they're there. I wonder what you can do about 'em.

Yours are kinda small... so you can really see 'em as your hard work. Like robert said i t means you're getting BIG.

But some guy in my gym has like these HUGE red lines across his shoulders and chest. half a centimeter wide and 10 cm long. That' s not so cool

My stretchmarks are from having four huge babies!

Calendula oil is one for small type of stretchmarks (also for acne scarring), and the heavy tanamu oil is another one to try (I broke out at first using this one till I figure out that I can't put it on my skin straight on. Use the carrier oil like shea nut oil, or avocado oil, with the tanamu oil in it to put it on your skin.

Tanning helps hide them sometimes too. Unless they are big and they don't tan and stay white. Then you will have to do some makeup stuff: Bronzer works nicely.

Stretch marks from gaining are fine in my opinion...you even get stretch marks from usage. Especially on your chest near your arm pits. I think to some extent its just part of lifting weights...as for me I've got tons of them from being 120lbs lighter than I was when I was 15-16...really the weight of the skin bothers me more than anything

• 3 months later...

I have strethcmarks on my stomach from when I went from 120 pounds to 220 pounds between my junior to high school years. Now I'm down to 139-135 and I can see them.

Try Natural Coco oil or some kind of natual coco wax. I bought some at the store a while ago for a dollar. But I don't want to use it till I tighten up my stomach. So I can't tell you if it works.

Mannherz, I have HUGE stretch marks in that same region, and they even extend toward my bicep. They are the result of going from 115 pounds to 165 pounds in 12 months. There's not too much you can do by moisturize the skin, as some people have said. Your supposed to thing of it like trophy scars, but they can be annoying sometimes!

One of my friends who takes huge amounts of steroids has really bad ones all over his legs and chest. I've even heard of the stretch marks splitting open due to rapid growth on AAS. Gross!

The best way to deal with stretch marks is to prevent them by keeping the skin moisturized on the outside and keeping yourself well-hydrated on the inside. Once you've got 'em there's not much you can do except try to minimize their appearance.

I've got 'em too...

I was really huge and got a lot of stretch marks when I ate meat and drank whey protein. I was a big sick guy. Trust me, don't get stretch marks, they more than likely will never go away. The only damage I'm proud of is having calluses on my hands cuz I know that reminds me I'm dedicated in the gym . Stretch marks are like scars, they will shrink and become less noticeable, but not disappear.

Well they will fade in time. I have them all over. I guess I just have to live with that. It doesn't bother me that much especially when I hear others talk about having them. Good nutrition, sun block and hydration will keep your skin looking its best and the chances of them fading faster. At least they wont look as bad.

I have heard women talking about tanning helping the appearance but I think it does the opposite espeically in the long run, since sun exposure causes wrinkling and sagging.