What does your typical 100% all raw diet look like?

?????

Especially those females that workout but I am interested in everyone's.

I am a 53 year old female and I am working toward all raw but I am not there yet. Heck, it took me a year to get back to all vegan!! I have a tough time giving up cooked food. I get bored easily.

when i do eat 100% raw:

i dont know the quantities but heres whats i eat:

-watermelon (i can eat this by the pound)

-kiwi

-apple

-banannas

-blood oranges

-asian pear

-raw protein bars (lara, raw revolution, etc.)

-raw almonds

-dehydrated goji berries

-kombucha tea

-dehydrated fruit (apricots, raisins, etc.)

I plan to be close to 100% raw all the time in the near future, and to come up with a set eating plan. when i do, i will post exactly what im eating

Hey, thanks. That's helpful. Would you classify yourself as a fruitarian when you do eat raw??

I tried the raw revolution bars and didn't like them at all. Have you tried the Think Organic Choc. Coconut and Apricot Coconut bars? They are awesome, organic, and raw.

I am looking forward to see what others eat on their all raw diets.

Typical day for me, 31 year old female, 105lbs, very active.

Breakfast:

1 grapefruit

1 smoothie (vega powder, water, 2 leaves of kale, ginger, flax oil or seed, and 2 pieces of fruit, usually banana and blueberries, but also apple, acai, etc)

Lunch:

A monster salad (Kale, apple, orange, tomatoes, carrots, green or red peppers, coconut, mushrooms, various nuts)

Dinner:

Anything dipped in hummus

Kale pizza wraps or another monster salad (see above)

Or sometimes just a big combination plate of good stuff (1 avacado, 2 oranges, a bunch of hummus, sundried tomatoes, and anything else that I fancy)

Snacks spread throughout the day:

4 kiwis

1 Vega bar

1 banana

Peanut butter from the jar on a spoon

2 oranges

1 tamarind

homemade date/nut rolls

1/2 a cup or so of nuts

oranges....it's spring and my body usually starts craving grapefruits in the spring...

If you wanna go raw but lack motivation these articles may help you too!

http://z12.invisionfree.com/FLF/index.php?showforum=171

if not just ignore it!

I would never ignore it. Thanks. I will check it out. I am also going to try the challenge over at rawfoodtalk.com. I need the motivation!! Keep posting folks. Need imput.

Oranges, just oranges? All day long?

oranges....it's spring and my body usually starts craving grapefruits in the spring...

If you wanna go raw but lack motivation these articles may help you too!

http://z12.invisionfree.com/FLF/index.php?showforum=171

if not just ignore it!

I would never ignore it. Thanks. I will check it out. I am also going to try the challenge over at rawfoodtalk.com. I need the motivation!! Keep posting folks. Need imput.

Oranges, just oranges? All day long?

Well don't forget I'm having a challenge on my forum that started on Tuesday....it's not too late to join!

Check it out here:

http://z12.invisionfree.com/FLF/index.php?showtopic=1684

Hey, thanks. That's helpful. Would you classify yourself as a fruitarian when you do eat raw??

I tried the raw revolution bars and didn't like them at all. Have you tried the Think Organic Choc. Coconut and Apricot Coconut bars? They are awesome, organic, and raw.

I am looking forward to see what others eat on their all raw diets.

ahh yes, i have tried the think organic. i love the coconut apricot ones and the coconut chocolate ones.

id eventually like to not eat any bars. theyre too sweet and hurt my teeth. and plus they have wrappers which creates garbage/waste.

i would like to be fruitarian.

That challenge is for 3 months, no? I will be lucky to make a month. If I can do that, I will be in on your next 3 month challenge!!

The next challenge will be here in the summer....

come summer time i want to be 100% raw.

but man oh man how i will miss those thai curries

That challenge is for 3 months, no? I will be lucky to make a month. If I can do that, I will be in on your next 3 month challenge!!

Is that a goal of yours?

Have you decided how your gonna get to that point?

Ha,ha I can't tell you how much stuff I didn't wanna let go in the beginning!!!

It took me the longest to let go of rice dishes, I even got so bad that I wanted stuff like cheese that I used to eat way back in the day!

For me a lot of it was emotional habit and addiction but it took me a while to figure that out.

It really hits home when you go raw and you actually see the difference in your health and you realise that all you really missed about cooked foods was the manufactured taste.

Keep on keeping on man!

id eventually like to not eat any bars. theyre too sweet and hurt my teeth. and plus they have wrappers which creates garbage/waste.

You mean the wrappers aren't raw??!!

I will let ya'll know how I do on the 100% raw. The challenge starts April 1st but I am starting to ease into it now.

Is that a goal of yours?

It took me the longest to let go of rice dishes, I even got so bad that I wanted stuff like cheese that I used to eat way back in the day!

For me a lot of it was emotional habit and addiction but it took me a while to figure that out.

It really hits home when you go raw and you actually see the difference in your health and you realise that all you really missed about cooked foods was the manufactured taste.

Keep on keeping on man!

the goal of mine is to be fruitarian and id like to be as soon as possible. but i dont know how to detox or cleanse. and i dont know what kind of fruits i "have" to eat to have a balanced diet.

i want to gain strength and be able to build muscle mass. i want to eliminate my eco-footprint. i want to have clean skin, and healthy organs and whatnot.

i have no idea what i should be eating to be healthy.

i was thinking about just giving in to whatever fruit my body craves at the time.

any advice dude?

Is that a goal of yours?

Keep on keeping on man!

the goal of mine is to be fruitarian and id like to be as soon as possible. but i dont know how to detox or cleanse. and i dont know what kind of fruits i "have" to eat to have a balanced diet.

i want to gain strength and be able to build muscle mass. i want to eliminate my eco-footprint. i want to have clean skin, and healthy organs and whatnot.

i have no idea what i should be eating to be healthy.

i was thinking about just giving in to whatever fruit my body craves at the time.

any advice dude?

Yep!

Eat as much of your favourite fruits at first then as you clean out your body will dictate what it needs.

Going Fruitarian is a set of stages

first stage: Is to throw out everything you think you know out of the window.

Second stage: Is to submit yourself to the needs of your body, you ain't in charge anymore.

Third stage: Stay active but put all thoughts of building muscle on hold because your gonna be breaking down to your essence and building back up, so you need to support your bodies cleansing efforts.

All those stages brings it's own learning process and it can be so frustrating because each stage is the last thing you want to be doing.

There's much more to it but I'm short on time.....

You have a choice to make, do you go straight to Fruitarianism or do you go Raw Vegan first, going Fruitarian first may be too hardcore if your not willing to fight then go strict Raw Vegan first.

Believe me it ain't no joke!

As far as the detox and cleansing it's pretty hardcore at times, you'll be going through emotional as well as physical detox so things will get rough for a while.

Sorry I'm short on time but if your serious you need to check out my forum, it's Fruitarian orientated and you'll find all your answers there, I've just set up a support section for beginners, also bare in mind that going Fruitarian is a huge step and should not be taken lightly so take time in making sure you know that your doing this for all the right reasons.

Hope that helped.

• 2 weeks later...

As I said before anything can be called "raw" but not everything is ripe/ fresh..... it's the freshness that is what makes something truly raw.

If you leave fresh fruit juice out in the open air for long enough, generally 10-15 mins it will oxidize and will become acidic and you might as well eat something cooked.

To me the whole point to eating raw foods is to eat ripe and fresh foods in their natural state, vega bars are not fresh and have no ripeness, vega bars are manufactured/tampered with....raw fresh fruits have a very short shelf life and will dissolve in your stomach.

If you leave a raw fresh fruit outside it's skin you will have an indication of when not to eat it because it will oxidize and go bad, you see this most in fruits like apples, bananas that oxidize and go brown when you leave them out in the open air, Vega bars have a much longer shelf life because it is not raw or fresh.

You gotta realise that Vega bars and stuff like that do not fit into the raw lifestyle or philosophy but everyone is different and has the right to do what works for them.

I'm not bashing vega bars or anyone that eats them, because not everybody is ready or wants to go 100% raw and that's cool too, so don't try to pick an argument or debate, Zack/Odidnine, it is what it is...