Mipooh says hi

mipooh

I am a 53 year old german living in Thailand more than 5 years now.

Seeing some information in the net about a german physician (afaik he is member here), who was a world-champion 2005 in bodybuilding fitness-class I was inspired to look after more sportsmen (-ladies) who are/eat vegan.

As I found some more impressing people who do it, I wanted to try for a week. After this week I did not want to go back and so I eat vegan more than 4 weeks now. Not missing anything but some shopping facilities for this kind of food. On the other hand this will make me eat lots of fruit and vegetables.

In Thailand we have "Jay"-food, that seems to be vegan, but people here seem to like strange factory food. So I saw a brochure showing some vegan food exactly looking like a grilled half chicken. What it was made from they could not tell me... ok, I don´t speak Thai. Maybe that was one reason.

About sports. 18 months ago I was 126,5 kgs, it is more than twice in pounds, but I don´t know exactly. I felt like dying nearly all the time, could nearly not walk without pain in the back and felt like I had to make a decision wether to die soon or to do some changes in my lifestyle. I was not really sick, only took some bloodpressure medicine already 6 years then.

I decided to bring sports into my life, a promise to myself, doing something at least 1h every day for the rest of my life. I started with 2x15 min/day on a hometrainer, this kind on which you are half laying. I added one minute per day until I did 2x30 min/day. Later I wanted more and I do sports now about 2h/day. The every-day-promise I changed a little bit, I have one day per week I don´t do sports (nearly, sometimes I cannot resist)...

I am going to learn pullups and pushups, do different BWEs and isometrics, do internet racings with an ergometer-bike and many different things. I like Ross Enamait, he has an interesting approach to high level sports, and so I do have a sledgehammer and fancy stuff.

Now I am 96 kgs and just starting the next round of lowing down weight. Just by doing sports and a bit of taking care nutrition.

I came here to find out more about sports combined with vegan nutrition. Especially the proteins without cooking beans. Noone eats that here. I have some, but my wife even does not know how to cook them.

Did not read anything here until now, but I am going to do this in the next minutes..

Welcome aboard!

As you can see in my profile I am german as well!

If you have any questions do not hesitate to pm me.

Congratulations on the improvements you already made! 30 kg weightloss as great!

I think especially how you stated your sports program was very smart!

All the best from Germany!

Butaway, to convert kg into pound multiply with 2,2...

Welcome to our forum! Thanks for the great intro! I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun on the forum, meet lots of great people and of course learn a ton of information and be able to share information with us.

Nice to have you on board. Have a great time exploring the forum and welcome to the team!

• 1 month later...