what am I missing?

pratt

Just wanted to get some insight into what I could be missing, nutritionally, in a typical day.

I end up biking about 5-6 times a week, usually 3 of those are long hard trail rides. Lots of upper body workout, jumping off things etc.

I am 5'11 and weigh ? Last time I weighed myself I was around 195lbs. This was during the winter and I was heavy because of the bitter cold and lack of riding. I think I am fairly fit when I am around 180-185lbs So when you look at these foods, note I am trying to drop a couple pounds for the riding season..which is already here

thanks for any comments

morning.

smoothie containing: 1 banana, 0.25-0.5 cup mango, 1 teaspon spirulina, 1.5 tablespoon wheat germ, 1.5 tablespoon ground flax seed, 12 ounces orange juice. cup of coffee with a spoonful of unrefined sugar

morning snack.

yogurt with strawberries or blueberries. I know I am really trying to kick the milk products, haven't completely done it yet... yogurt is the last item.

lunch.

fresh ground peanut butter and jelly on whole wheat, half a pear, figs

fresh juice consisting of 1 stalk broccoli, 4 carrots, 1 medium beet, 2 stalks of celery

mid day snack.

raisins or something I didn't eat during lunch

dinner.

recently a chocolate vega shake and maybe some hummus on pita

almost forgot....I drink water like crazy.

There's always vegan yogurt(even silken tofu works well and its really cheap at asian markets). As for the rest of the food I'd say split the spirulina in half and take it before and after you work out...or better yet just take the same amount twice. I take maybe 3 grams 2-4 times per day mixed in smoothies or just dumped down the pipe(I hate doing it but I feel the benefits). Also I'd try to ditch the coffee and save it just for racing. Oh...I'd add more greens too.