Canadian Corner

JW

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of that really matters once the US finally admits to the world that it owns Canada and its saving Canada for when it makes the rest of the US to warm to live in

None of that really matters once the US finally admits to the world that it owns Canada and its saving Canada for when it makes the rest of the US to warm to live in

No way buddy!! The province of Quebec will separate, and then we'll send missionaries everywhere! You already have Celine Dion, Bombardier, Patagonia, Gregory Charles... By the time you see what's happening, you'll all speak French like crazy! Welcome to the United States of Quebec

• 2 weeks later...

Forgot to mention about some Canadian domination......

Gold medal at the Women's World Hockey Championship (soundly thrashing the U.S. in the final)

Gold in the World Men's curling championship

Gold in the World Women's Curling championship

You Canadians are also very good at skinny dipping in very very cold water

very true!

My wife & I were vacationing in Austria about 10 years ago and went whitewater rafting.

People thought we were nuts because we kept jumping out of the raft into the cold cold water.

When I was a kid a favourite game in the spring was to see who could touch the iceflow out in the lake.

The ice always breaks up along the shore first leaving a pool of water before the massive ice flow.

It gets absolutely numbing when you get out there!

Next, we can talk about some real sports.

Curling is the greatest sport in the world(and most likely in existence, in the past, present, and future.) Hockey's not bad either.

Well said wobbly!!!!!

Edmonton just set the attendance record for the Men's World Championship!!!!!!!

I was just joking of course. I'm a Canadian citizen as well. I was watching some hockey last night and it's sweet that it is playoff time.

I'm actually a big fan of Badminton too. I was pretty good back in high school and a bit after high school.

Some of my favorite sports are table tennis, tennis and badminton so I enjoy that style of game.

Any favorites in the NHL playoffs?

No worries Robert! I know you were kidding

Table Tennis is awesome!!! I really enjoy playing. It gets such a bad rap from the "basement ping pong" perception

There's nothing like getting in a fierce rally.

As far as NHL goes...... there are a number of possible winners this year.

Buffalo

Detroit

Ottawa

all look pretty strong.

Anaheim

San Jose

could also contend.

Darkhorse could be a team like Vancouver who has a great goaltender in Luongo

It will be very interesting

Well said wobbly!!!!!

Hell yeah it did, but I just watched for my futon. I'm actually thinking of taking it up some day, but don't really have the time now.

I used to play competitevly when I was younger. Now however, I just can't devote the time to it. If I'm going to spend time at something it has to be something that will burn calories

Impressive...they must have sold nearly as many tickets than the Winnipeg Jets

Aha!!!! the Jets are STILL remembered!!!!!!!!!

the wierd thing is... the Jets attendance was better than many of the U.S. based teams but we don't live in that lucrative television market area.

Yes...its amazing that companies advertise in Hockey despite low ratings...it keeps hockey in business here in the states which is good but it still doesn't make sense. Anyway if there were actually TVs in Canada other than the jumbo trons at the hockey arenas...maybe nobody would watch hockey in Canada either...I think you guys just go to games to watch TV.

If they are truly Canadian I could imagine that they would make their own. I always thought beer was another way westerners exploit animals. I thought they found them making beer and forced them to make if for them. The same way Europeans made natives of N.America grow corn.