Does anyone know about Raw Power?

No but the maker of it is a quack. He wrote a book about raw fitness and how to get extremely fit and strong. He isn't very strong, he doesn't look very good(I doubt his body fat is under 15%), his workouts would leave you doing sets in the gym for 8 hrs a day(a bit of an exaggeration but not by much), and that crap is really expensive. Go with cubby...but if you want the extra active ingredient buy MACA and hemp protein.

Tell me...whats the point in going raw then taking protien powders?

Your already eating amino acids from it's natural source......

btw Steve Arlin...vegan potter is right...he's not a nice guy, I got the books years ago and threw it in the trash an hour later...I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole!

Hemp protein powder is raw...

There is a great one up here in Canada

made by RUTH"S

it has

hemp

maca

SPROUTED flax seeds

you can order it online by the bucket!

I have shyed away from this as well with the high raw...

I do take hemp seeds as well as LOTS of GREENS!

I agree...the banana thats been rotting in my backpack for three weeks is raw too....just like the powder that sits in a jar for a year.

I agree...the banana thats been rotting in my backpack for three weeks is raw too....just like the powder that sits in a jar for a year.

Exactly....we have "Raw" almond butter, tahini, honey, hempseeds, etc that's been in our fridge sitting in jars/packets for years....totally out of it's natural state and tampered with....and then we wonder why we still have issues when we go "raw".

Nowadays, this "raw" culture has gotten polluted with so many crappy "raw" foods and products that we don't even need, people getting addicted to these so called "raw" products like "raw" cookies, "raw" bread, "raw" chocolate, and all of this is done in the name of transitioning but really it's just laziness, laziness because people don't want to do what it takes to go raw properly and in the right way and these products simply distract from the task at hand and end up as a way to keep on eating something cooked/familiar favourite treats while at the same time acting like your still transitioning, they are tampered with or heated and put in jars, packets and called "raw" because they weren't heated past a certain point or because no other ingrediants was included, there's lots of reasons why the food industry can call a product "raw" in the same way that they can call Braggs liquid amino's "ALL NATURAL" but when's the last time you saw it growing on a tree?

I've seen so many people do this, even the raw guru's then when they try to progress they realise that by eating those so called "raw" foods they were just suspended in animation and made no progress at all, I've seen this happen to people that have been transitioning on these "raw" foods for over 20-30 years and in all that time all they did was de-hydrate themselves and end up in a worst state than they were when they were eating cooked food.

Raw Hemp is just cold pressed defatted seeds (and milled into a powder, but that has nothing to do with enzymes or anything), so it's just as raw as some raw nuts, though I agree with some of the new age "raw" foods that people eat, I just don't think hemp is one of them.

Raw Hemp is just cold pressed defatted seeds (and milled into a powder, but that has nothing to do with enzymes or anything), so it's just as raw as some raw nuts, though I agree with some of the new age "raw" foods that people eat, I just don't think hemp is one of them.

Do what works for you!

Raw placebos seem to work for everyone

Yeah....

That's just it, they distract for a while but then people end up no better off than they were when they were on cooked foods....I get raw vegans e-mailing me all the time about this....wondering why they still are not where they are supposed to be.

But they are an easy way out and as long as they are out there people will keep taking them.

So whatever works for you.

Personally I benefit most from eating as much fresh vegetation as possible and I enjoy cooking because its fun...I also enjoy some of those so called "raw" things because they impress me considering they aren't cooked with a lot of heat...even though they aren't normally all that raw if at all.

Personally I benefit most from eating as much fresh vegetation as possible and I enjoy cooking because its fun...I also enjoy some of those so called "raw" things because they impress me considering they aren't cooked with a lot of heat...even though they aren't normally all that raw if at all.

That's the thing, cooking is fun. I think giving up cooking is harder than giving up cooked food.

That's the thing, cooking is fun. I think giving up cooking is harder than giving up cooked food.

I thought I was the only one who felt this way, haha.

I can imaging that taking crack is fun too....

I can imaging that taking crack is fun too....

....................................................What?

With regards to Raw Power supplement, I was looking into this myself a bit back. I was also trying to track down the book that accompanies the supplement. It has now gone out of print, so was thinking of trying to get a second hand copy off amazon. I thought it may be one of these classics that you HAVE TO read. A bit like the classic physique guys who worked out so much by themselves in the 1930s and 40s and put their wisdom to print.

Well after a bit of googling on the author Stephen Arlin, I stumbled across an interview he had done some years ago. So I thought cool, I want to know about this guy. Well in the interview I had read up to one of his replies, and felt kind of dooped. The reply was "Yes, I was blessed with good genetics. I could probably eat at McDonalds every day and still live into my nineties like my grandparents". Now that to me sounds so arrogant, I just lost all interest in the guy.

Even if it weren't for that he's a doop. If he thinks he has good genetics that what are bad genetics. He doesn't appear to be in anything more than reasonably healthy shape...yet the training he recommends of very rigerous. I doubt someone with good genetics could complete that training schedule without looking incredible.