The Rationale of Food Combining

talking about DNA is useless for that matter. We are almost identical to trees when we compare DNA. On the tree of the evolution of species, we are on the same branch than plants and animals, while microbes and simple organisms have a very different DNA and are on another branch. Surely we have other nutrition requirements than plants (although some humans claim they can live on breatharianism and kind of like the photosynthesis of plants...)

But simple observation of anatomy is a fair hint. Do a detailed autopsy by comparing the organs of the digestive system of both a chimp and a human, you'll see only similarities. Nothing identical of course, even no digestive systems of humans are identical. Not only the digestive system of humans and apes (anthropoids) are similar, but their whole bodies. Shape of placenta, 2 hands and 2 feet, fingernails, no tails, eyes looking toward, millions of pores in the skin, same dentition formula, stomach with duodenum, mid-acid gastric juice, same length of intestine... Apes eat fruits and nuts and that's it.

Do you put ANY thought into your posts? You post off-topic, irrelevant, nonsensical and contradictory (to your own posts) replies regularly. This is not a value judgement but an observation. I realize english is not your native language but I am beginning to believe that the confusion in your posts is not purely related to a language barrier.

yeah yeah yeah DV. I see you don't have much to say. What about this,

Why would we have a similar diet to a creature that does not have a similar brain?
... is this intelligent ? You do know that we come from apes, right ? everything is similar. I think I even saw you in the movie "planet of the apes".

damn this woman is strange, there's like 5 posts about DNA and even her own post; then I say my opinion and she says it's off-topic and irrelevant. You must have some serious problems.

Dude trees and humans are not relevent to each other. sry

Hey,

What are we talking about?

There is no need to offend each other or argue about things that beyond or comprehension.

It is clear that apes are the closest relatives that we can find, without looking at our dna.

Apes eat mostly fruit and of course a small amount of other things, it is a fact.

An other thing that not just apes but all animal eat their food without cooking and without much combination, there is only one living thing on this planet that do otherwise. I guess you know this one.

so we should not argue about facts and things that we do not understand, it is better just to accept them

Encourage and help each other, this is why this forum is.

An other thing that not just apes but all animal eat their food without cooking and without much combination, there is only one living thing on this planet that do otherwise. I guess you know this one.

That doesn't mean it's inherently bad.

damn this woman is strange, there's like 5 posts about DNA and even her own post; then I say my opinion and she says it's off-topic and irrelevant. You must have some serious problems.

Dude trees and humans are not relevent to each other. sry

Bro I've got some news for ya, they are. I can't explain to you the tree of life here and why our dna is very similar to the very first plant that ever existed and why only 3% of our dna is relevant to us, because it would be off-topic and some persons (especially one in particular) would be shocked and woud accuse me of a thousand other things. But I'll explain to you in a private mail if you want. Personnaly, "off-topic" posts don't bother me, we learn things in these to, and personally I don't understand that some people are outraged because of this, as if it was putting some sort of chaos in the universe.

DV's post talking about me was off-topic, the two last posts of Offense too, yours too, and the post I'm writing now is off-topic too. Should we also use only words that are directly synonymous to the topic ? that would make incomplete phrases because there wouldn't be words like : a, the, they...

Yes, sometimes I'm writing stuff that look unusual, and that cause controversy. I often post ideas that are not accepted by the society, or things that most people don't know or that sound too incredible to believe. Sometimes people can even think I'm crazy, what do I care. I don't need any drugs or alcohol to enter an alterated state, I always have this fureur de vivre, I'm always kind of drunk, ecstatic and crazy about life and her wonders, and about everything I'm learning and discovering everyday.

If some people don't like me or what I write, they should tell it to me in private, or remain silent, or say politely "I don't agree with what you say". VeganEssentials, SydneyVegan and others rarely agree with me, but they review my text and and they respond with reasonning and provide good arguments. They don't insult me or judge me or blame me or accuse me of anything.

STOP!!!!!!!!

We are supposed to be above this. This is depressing to see vegans with closed minds.

The arguments being made against food-combining are similar to arguments against veg*nism made by uninformed people:

The effects of bad combinations are cumulative: It takes decades(its called "aging" by our ignorant society). The meals you eat today aren't what give you energy today.... again cumulative. Although, we should keep in mind that everyone is different. Some people do well dispite meat in every meal. They are the exeption.

Also, you have just as much chance of getting us to eat fruit in our meals and cook veggies, as meat-eaters have of getting you to eat meat.

In the same words I say to meat-eaters: If you don't want to do the research, fine, but don't say you know better than me.

It is clear that apes are the closest relatives that we can find, without looking at our dna.

Hi,

so why don't you eat animal products and insects then?! It's about 4% of total calories in a chimpanzee-diet.... and that 4% might be very important concerning certain nutrients.

And I might suggest that you should consider to start eating our own excrements, cause that's a very good source of vitamin B12. Apes do that as well.

Personally, I don't think it is acceptable to say it so healthy to eat raw/fruitarian, use the argumentation that we should eat like an ape, and then in the end, your diet differs from an ape-diet in very important and critical points.

Unfortunatly many raw food gurus, including Doug Graham, ignore this issue and, to a certain degree, mislead people. (in my opinion)

Just food for thoughts....

Isetfire, If you had read it carefully you would have seen that I also mentioned that apes eat other things besides fruits and veggies, but not all apes though...

I only said that their diet is the closest to ours.

So please write only when you have something new to say.

By the way, how much experience do you have in raw food diet? Because you act like someone who know better than peolpe doing it for decades. Actually have you ever tried it? Or you just give advices without knowing anything about it? and mislead people maybe? (in my opinion)

@Balazs: sorry, you've misunderstood the meaning of my post... and I've read your posts, including your statement about the ape-diet, and only therefore I even replied.

I wanted to simply ask if you personally include insects and occasionally little mammals in your diet. Or if you advise people that they should include insects and occasionally little mammals in their diet? (Cause that's what chimpanzees eat)

Personally, I don't think it is acceptable to say it so healthy to eat raw/fruitarian, use the argumentation that we should eat like an ape, and then in the end, your diet differs from an ape-diet in very important and critical points.

In other words: I think it could be dangerous, on the one hand, to design your diet after the ape-diet, and on the other hand, to leave out food groups that are actually part of an ape-diet. You might miss out on some critical nutrients.

Personally, I've had a nutritionist education and done a lot of reading on studies concerning vegan and raw food diets, and also our biological heritage. And guess why? Because I actually eat vegan and highly raw.

And even though I don't have the experience of people like Doug Graham, who I highly respect for his personal accomplishment (obviously he's in an awesome shape for his age!), I still can critizise the claims they are making about the human diet. Because the 80/10/10 diet might be a great concept (and I hope it works for all the people who're doing it), but the scientific argumentation is pretty weak in this book.

no need to include insects in our diet or to eat our own shit, there's now b12 supplements, remember ? Or some raw foodists grow their own veggies, sometimes even fertilizing the soil with their own excrements, which is in a way far better than the manure of sick farm animals who'v been fed with genetically modified organisms or cannibalized with bone flour.

There's also this raw guru who eats a few ants...

Anyway, the b12 deficiency sometimes appear after a few months, sometimes 2 years, sometimes never.

I think we should follow the example of apes for nutrition, but not necessarily every details and their whole way of life, ISETFIRE. We don't have to eat the lice on the heads of other humans. We don't have to travel from trees to trees, etc...

no need to include insects in our diet or to eat our own shit, there's now b12 supplements, remember ?

Self-evidently, my questions are intended to all the raw foodists which do not supplement because they think supplements are unneccessary. And to those who want to eat like apes, but then totally miss some aspects of the ape-diet with no replacement whatsoever.

RawLiving, decent post. It'd be nice if that would conclude this tired debate. But I don't think so.

Good ole' B12 argument....... It's like the cancer of the vegan community. If you think its a orally required vitamin, take a pill and stuff it.

And lets not start arguing about whether eating excrement is a "very important and critical" concideration. makes us all look crazay

DV:

To say "I am alot different to my husband" is the most dumb thing anyone has said on this thread, possibly even this entire site - ever.Your difference to your husband is in personality, not your stomach.This comment could not be more irrelevant.You tell 'Im Your Man' he posts off topic stuff? You also say he should think before he posts? Take your own advice.

Im your Man often brings up comparisons with what you call 'off topic' things.

Comparison is one of the most useful functions of our brain we have.

Its called lateral thinking.Your constant insistence that you have studied this & your assumption that I or others have not is further proof of your ignorance.You assume I have not & yet infact I have studied in detail, for many years, the evolution of our species.

To those saying comparison to Chimp diet is not useful:

Comparison of diet with our closest living relative, is one of the most relevant things we can do when talking about what food we eat.If you consult any person who knows anything about the study of anthropogenesis, like me, or any Paleoanthropologist they will tell you that diet comparison between us & chimps is a viable & important study.If you cant see that, honestly there is no hope for you.The biological processes that occur in the chimps stomach is precisely the same as what occurs in ours, give or take very marginal differences.

I look forward to the next completely pointless response containing limited or no relevant information, or even better, a personal attack, maybe some more name calling?

BTW, offense, "The wheel is turning but the Hamster is dead" is absolutely brilliant

I often have trouble with misunderstanding I'mYourMan, but this time I understand what he meant by bringing up trees!

His point was that when we say that we are share 95-99% of our DNA with chimps, that doesn't necessarily mean what many people will think it means. The reason is that we are quite genetically similar to most multi-celled individuals. So we might think that 95-99% similarity is really impressive and means that we are virtually the same, but if we compared that level of genetic similarity to the similarity we have to other animals and organisms, it would not seem so impressive because we would see that we are similar to many other animals that are phenotypically quite different.

In other words, much of the phenotypical difference we see among species is the result of only a small genetic variation. That 1-5% of variation we have from chimps can be phenotypically quite signficant. It's especially tenuous to try to say specific characteristics of ours must to be similar to those of chimps just because we have high genetic similarity--for all we know, that 1-5% of difference may include differences in the specific feature under discussion!

Thanks Liz and Dan, that's exactly what I meant. We're made of star dust, same materials as found in the big bang, that doesn't mean we have a life or nutrition similar to stars. But study digestive system of chimps on a surgery table and you'll see, or even better observe them living in their natural habitat, it will tell you more about how we should eat than what fast food chains or doctors say.

When we start thinking instead of attacking and being offended by every posts, the pieces are beginning to assemble and perharps one day we'll understand that the puzzle was always within us and all we needed was to open ourselves to nature.

Great posts guys.

These arguments can be very useful, and I really appreciate them (till they are reasonable and not only about offending each other)

After all its still the same everybody can decide himself what is the best for him. We can help each other, give advices, motivate, encourage others and it is worth more than anything else in this world