Portland VegFest May 11-12, 2007

robert

Who is planning on attending Portland VegFest?

www.portlandvegfest.org

It will be an awesome event. Some presenters include:

Portland Vegfest 2007 Speakers

Dr. T Colin Campbell

Dr. Campbell is a Jacob Gould Schurman Professor Emeritus of nutritional biochemistry at Cornell University. He has received more than 70 grant-years of peer-reviewed research funding and authored more than 300 research papers. His legacy, The China Study, is the most comprehensive study of health and nutrition ever conducted. The study was the culmination of a 20-year partnership of Cornell University, Oxford University and the Chinese Academy of Preventive Medicine.

Excerpt courtesy of: The China Study website

John Robbins

Author of the international bestseller Diet for a New America, The Food Revolution, Healthy at 100: The Scientifically Proven Secrets of the World’s Healthiest and Longest-Lived Peoples, as well as many other titles is widely recognized as one of the world's leading experts on the dietary link with the environment and health.

Excerpt courtesy of: Healthy at 100 website

Caldwell B. Esselstyn, Jr., MD

Author of Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease, a groundbreaking program backed by the irrefutable results from Dr. Esselstyn’s 20-year study proving changes in diet and nutrition can actually cure heart disease.

Excerpt courtesy of: Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease website

Jonathan Balcombe

Dr. Jonathan Balcombe is an animal behavior Research Scientist for the Washington, DC-based Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine and author of Pleasurable Kingdom.

Excerpt courtesy of: Pleasurable Kingdom website

Kelly Peterson

Kelly Peterson works as the Oregon Program Director for The Humane Society of the United States where she is currently lobbying the Oregon Legislature on a variety of animal issues, including a ban on canned hunts, exotic “pets,” gestation crates for breeding sows and protecting wildlife from cruel trapping and Measure 18, a voter-approved initiative that banned bear baiting and hounding of bears and cougars, from being overturned. Previously, Kelly served as Director of Ballot Issue Campaigns working on both winning Arizona (gestation and veal crates) and Michigan (mourning dove shooting) campaigns for the 2006 election. In addition, Kelly serves as co-director of Humane USA, Oregon Chapter, a political action committee dedicated to helping elect animal-friendly legislators. She lives in Portland with her four-legged canine best friend, Keely.

Jennifer Hillman

Jennifer Hillman is the Director of Ballot Issue Campaigns for The Humane Society of the United States and was previously the Deputy Director working on both winning Arizona (gestation and veal crates) and Michigan (mourning dove hunting) campaigns for the 2006 election. In addition, Jennifer works on Washington State Government Affairs for HSUS, lobbying the legislature on various animal issues, including a ban on exotic “pets,” protections for farm animals and protecting laws that ban animal trapping. Prior to coming to HSUS, Jennifer was the Senior Advocate at the Progressive Animal Welfare Society (PAWS) in Lynnwood, WA, working on various advocacy campaigns there. In addition, Jennifer served as President of the Board of the Northwest Animal Rights Network (NARN) and on the Board of the Feral Cat Spay/Neuter Project (FCSNP). Jennifer will be working hard on the upcoming 2008 election on issues that protect farm animals in several states. She lives in Seattle with her three senior kitties, ChiChi, Poquita and Otis.

Yeah, check out the website. There is sooooo much more going on. We have 4 other speakers I didn't mention (they are chefs doing demos) and all kinds of exhibitors, FREE food, and awesome people and things to see.

Everyone on the forum within 100 miles should be there! There aren't many opportunities like this around.

I really feel that we have the best speaker line-up of any VegFest in the Country!

• 3 weeks later...

Here are some banners.

Feel free to use them. Hit "quote" and their code info will come up. Copy and paste it around!

Thanks!

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/Fullbanner_Vegfest07.gif

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/Leaderboard_VegFest07.gif

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/Halfbanner_VegFest07.gif

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/Rectangle_Vegfest07.gif

My roommate and I are going on Friday to see Dr. T Colin Campbell and then going to the Pirates Tavern afterwards. On Saturday we are going to vegfest in the morning for a few hours as well with her kids coming along (Like 10 to 1:30).

Awesome!

Please introduce yourself. I'm one of the organizers so I probably won't be working at the Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness booth or Vega booth, but you'll see plenty of our forum members out and about. I'll be around too and hanging around that area (VBB, Vega, OrganicAthlete) as much as possible too.

It will be great to meet another member of our website.

Enjoy the VegFest!

It was brilliant! I'll write more later. It is nearly 2AM and guests are just now heading to bed at my house. We had a small after party. I also arm wrestled John Robbins (hopefully photos to come).

Great event! Thanks to all who helped. More of a recap later, must sleep now, lots to do tomorrow!

He had a swimming class that day and was doing stuff with mom. He would have loved it though. It gives dad a good little break at least.

Nice meeting you too. I'm sure i'll see you around. The Oakland AK Press online is where I got the messenger bag by the way. Take Care.