Tyler Durden - Say Hello WIll you??!

veganmadre

HAHA, I just clicked on this section in order to start a thread introducing myself, but I see you have beaten me to it! I just came back from the gym and I have the shakes (which are awesome), so I can type as well as I liked to. I'll be back in a few minutes and give you guys the run down! Thanks for starting a thread for me!

Ah, ok. I've been lurking here for quite some time and decided to join up. I've been a vegetarian for a year and thinks it's pretty easy. I have an insane amount of respect for vegans, as long as they are not pushy and try to make people guilty for eating meat. I've never tried to be pushy, but it's amazing how defensive and cruel people become just when you tell them you don't eat meat. Anyway, I've been working out for three years. When I started working out, I was insanely dedicated. Then life took over and I got less and less dedicated and only worked out off and on. I was able to lose a good 20 pounds and improve my physique, but now it's a matter of sculpting what's left. I have this ring of fat that I plan to get rid of over the next couple months. Thus I will try out a vegan diet to the best of my abilites. I'm going to be as dedicated as I possibly can be and will put as much effort as I can into this transformation. It's been a long time coming and it will happen! Anyway, everyone at this site seems pretty down to earth and respectful, so that's why I joined! I'm looking forward to hanging out here and hopefully meeting some cool people!

Best wishes,

Tyler Durden

I have an insane amount of respect for vegans, as long as they are not pushy and try to make people guilty for eating meat.

Tyler Durden

Hi Tyler,

I love that name Tyler. Anyway, welcome to the board. Hope you enjoy it here and good luck with your fitness goals.

However, I cannot refrain from commenting on the above quote from you. All I will say here (so as not to hijack your intro thread) is that DAMN RIGHT meat eaters should feel guilty about eating meat, and damn right we (vegans) should not encourage them to feel anything less than guilty for doing so. I dont have to get into the statistics of WHY they should feel as guilty as hell - "Meet your Meat" says it all (it can be found under the "General Discussion" section.

Sorry if this puts you off, but you know the saying "If the shoe fits...."

There are lots of people on this board that have a somewhat more "patient" attitude though so I am sure you will enjoy your time here.

peace

natalie

Ah, ok. I've been lurking here for quite some time and decided to join up. I've been a vegetarian for a year and thinks it's pretty easy. I have an insane amount of respect for vegans, as long as they are not pushy and try to make people guilty for eating meat. I've never tried to be pushy, but it's amazing how defensive and cruel people become just when you tell them you don't eat meat. Anyway, I've been working out for three years. When I started working out, I was insanely dedicated. Then life took over and I got less and less dedicated and only worked out off and on. I was able to lose a good 20 pounds and improve my physique, but now it's a matter of sculpting what's left. I have this ring of fat that I plan to get rid of over the next couple months. Thus I will try out a vegan diet to the best of my abilites. I'm going to be as dedicated as I possibly can be and will put as much effort as I can into this transformation. It's been a long time coming and it will happen! Anyway, everyone at this site seems pretty down to earth and respectful, so that's why I joined! I'm looking forward to hanging out here and hopefully meeting some cool people!

Best wishes,

Tyler Durden

Welcome to the site.

I have an insane amount of respect for vegans, as long as they are not pushy and try to make people guilty for eating meat.

I think you will find quite a mix of people and views on this board, but they are all concerned about reducing animal suffering so tend to be down to earth and respectful. Hope you find what you came for and welcome to the board!

• 2 weeks later...

tyler, i want you to do me a favor.

i want you to hit me as hard as you can.

i love that movie! hey welcome to the board!

Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need.

you are not your bank account,

you are not the clothes you wear

you are not the contents of your wallet

you are not your bowel cancer

you are not your grande latte

you are not the car you drive

you are not your fucking khakis

i say let me never be complete

i say may i never be content

i say deliver me from swedish furniture

i say deliver me from clever art

i say deliver me from clear skin and perfect teeth