Awesome Michael Jordan Video

I don't know if this will work here, but it code from myspace. It works on myspace, so you may have to copy the code and paste it somewhere in myspace to watch it.

It's a Michael Jordan Highlight Video!

Michael Jordan: The Legend

You can also go to www.myspace.com/veganbodybuilding and watch it on my profile

Edited by robert

I already went to my profile page friends lists and clicked on your pic. I have seen those highlights before, but this clip had better background music and production quality.

He was not human.

Hey Robert we never finished our debate over your comparision of King James to M.J.

It don't mean a thing cuz' he ain't got six rings.

I love MJ, but right now it's all about King James!!!!!!!!!!!

I used to watch sports all the time, but now I don't have TV and haven't had TV in a number of years. So I just watch games at hotels when traveling or something like that.

MJ was the man. He was simply incredible. But King James seems to have more abilities: Stronger, faster, more powerful, etc.

It's hard to compare the two and decide who is or was better. I think it is an argument that will take place 15 years from now.....who knows, there maybe even be someone "better" by then too.

I love MJ, but right now it's all about King James!!!!!!!!!!!

MJ was the man. He was simply incredible. But King James seems to have more abilities: Stronger, faster, more powerful, etc.

I agree King James is much stronger and more powerful. It's scary to see a 6' 8" 240lb man-child with such speed and explosiveness. If LeBron had a better supporting cast WOW! It took M.J. 6 seasons to get his first ring.

Honestly I think if James had so many players as good as Scotty Pippen, Steve Kerr, BJ Armstrong, Horace Grant, John Paxton, Tony Kukoc(in the later years) the world would see that James is better than Jordan. I'm not trying to discredit him but he wouldn't be as great as he was playing today(at his best). He'd be the best in the NBA but only because James is getting better. Also you've gotta remember that Jordan doesn't help his teamates do well. They used him to win(as Jordan's assist numbers were terrible compared to his points) but James is too modest and won't do that...he's too good of a person and gives assists to teamates(possibly to a fault but I like that). Also Jordan didn't have to play against teams with more than 1 super superstar. I don't know if Jordan could have handled Shaq and Kobe(as supporting staff) at their best. Or even Magic Johnson with the old Lakers.

Also you've gotta remember that Jordan doesn't help his teamates do well. They used him to win(as Jordan's assist numbers were terrible compared to his points) but James is too modest

and won't do that...he's too good of a person and gives assists to teamates(possibly to a fault but I like that).

Michael Jordan Finals Career Average

90-91 CHI 5 GP 31.2 PPG 6.6 RPG 11.4 APG

91-92 CHI 6 GP 35.8 PPG 4.8 RPG 6.5 APG

92-93 CHI 6 GP 41.0 PPG 8.5 RPG 6.3 APG

95-96 CHI 6 GP 27.3 PPG 5.3 RPG 4.2 APG

96-97 CHI 6 GP 32.3 PPG 7.0 RPG 6.0 APG

97-98 CHI 6 GP 33.5 PPG 4.0 RPG 2.3 APG

NBA Finals Total 35 GP 33.5 PPG 6.0 RPG 6.1 APG

http://www.nba.com/history/players/jordan_stats.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Career_achievements_of_Michael_Jordan

Also Jordan didn't have to play against teams with more than 1 super superstar. I don't know if Jordan could have handled Shaq and Kobe(as supporting staff) at their best. Or even Magic Johnson with the old Lakers.
NBA Finals Opponents

1997 and 1998 John Stockton and Karl Malone

1996 Gary Payton and Shaun Kemp

1993 Charles Barkley and Kevin Johnson

Those are good numbers for a forward but not for a guard. His first go around was good in terms of assists for for a guard but after that is was all down hill. Lebron has the roughly the same amt of assists with a not so hot cast to pass to but he manages to do so...also Lebron is a forward.

Keep in mind those are just NBA Finals numbers, not career numbers.

MJ was great, probably the best ever.....for now.

He had great Finals Opponents too. You're forgetting Drexler and Porter from the Blazers in 92 and there were some other good duos too, and of course the tough Eastern Conference teams to go through including the Pistons, Celtics, Knicks, etc. just to make it to the finals.

We won't know for a long time who was better and it may be too hard to determine giving them time periods they played in.

Problem is MJs regular season career assist numbers are actually a bit worse.
No true. Every players numbers go down as they get older. Jordan was a 2 guard not a point guard. M.J. averaged 8.0 assist 8.0 rebounds and 32.5 points in the 88-89 regular season. Only Magic came that close to averaging a triple double in the past 30+ years or so in the 81-82 season 18.6 points 9.6 rebounds and 9.5 assist.

In M.J.'s last NBA Finals game he scored 45 of his teams 87 points including the series winning basket because he knew it might be his last hoorah and he carried his team on his back.

During game 6 in the 93 Finals he scored his teams first 21 points of the 4th quarter an Phil Jackson used MJ as a decoy in the final seconds that left John Paxson wide open for the series winning jumper.

Do your homework bro'.

http://www.nba.com/history/players/jordan_stats.html

I know Jordan was great and I won't take that away from him. But his assistes dropped drastically when he no longer felt the need to pass as much. He should have been a foreward if he wanted to score and not pass. I think all good guards that are starters should average 6 assists per game(PG should be at 9+), some seasons he didn't even average 5 per game. All GREAT guards should average at least 8 per game(10+ for point guards). Jordan so far is the best player to ever play the game but he is by no means the best guard to ever play. I know numbers drop when you get older but his numbers didn't drop due to abilities they dropped because he stopped passing.

I know Jordan was great and I won't take that away from him. But his assistes dropped drastically when he no longer felt the need to pass as much. He should have been a foreward if he wanted to score and not pass. I think all good guards that are starters should average 6 assists per game(PG should be at 9+), some seasons he didn't even average 5 per game. All GREAT guards should average at least 8 per game(10+ for point guards). Jordan so far is the best player to ever play the game but he is by no means the best guard to ever play. I know numbers drop when you get older but his numbers didn't drop due to abilities they dropped because he stopped passing.
Guards like Magic, Isiah, Nate "Tiny" Archibald, and the Big "O," were freaks. Yeah, but MJ still won 6 championships. For his career he average 5 point something, a hair under 6 assist. How many 2 guards have averaged 8 assist a game for there career? I don't think you can say that a player at position A or B should average this or that number. The Bulls of the 90's didn't have a center who average 10 boards and 2.5 blocks a game. The Celtics of the 80's didn't need a point guard to dish out 9+ per game because they had Larry Bird.

I agree that MJ was not the best guard ever to play in the NBA. I would cast my vote for the Big "O." When he retired from the NBA he was number 2 all-time in scoring and number 1 all-time in assists.

I don't know that "winning championships" is how we can measure the abilities of an individual in a team sport.

It is very easy to determine the best athlete in individual sports like (Tiger Woods in Golf) but much harder in team sports.

There have been some amazing players who won few championships and some great players who never won a championship. Many of these were far better than role players who have won championships.

Leading your team to a championship is a clear indication you are one of the greats. But look at NFL for example. Some of the best players ever, never won the Super Bowl. This can be said for all great athletes and all major sports.

Of course, all those we consider the greatest of all time also won championships in their team sports. But.....I don't think "rings" or "trophies" should necessarily be the standard for assessing an individual's abilities.

I don't know that "winning championships" is how we can measure the abilities of an individual in a team sport.

It is very easy to determine the best athlete in individual sports like (Tiger Woods in Golf) but much harder in team sports.

There have been some amazing players who won few championships and some great players who never won a championship. Many of these were far better than role players who have won championships.

Leading your team to a championship is a clear indication you are one of the greats. But look at NFL for example. Some of the best players ever, never won the Super Bowl. This can be said for all great athletes and all major sports.

Of course, all those we consider the greatest of all time also won championships in their team sports. But.....I don't think "rings" or "trophies" should necessarily be the standard for assessing an individual's abilities.

Robert, I agree with you 100% that an individual athletes greatness in a team sport cannot be measuring by how many champsions his/her team wins.

The Big "O" only won 1 NBA title because he played on mediocore teams for most of his career. Stockton and Malone never won an NBA championship because of MJ and his crew. The "Human Highlight film" and the Atlanta Hawks never made it past the second round of the playoffs because of Boston, Chicago, Detroit, and Milwalkee. Sir Charles and Phoenix ran into His Airness, Jerry West and Lakers lost in the NBA Finals 6 times to Bill Russell and his 7 future hall of famer teamates.

Oh and I forgot about Buffalo losing 4 straight Super Bowls twice because of that damn team loaded with talent from Dallas. John Elway until he had Terrell Davis in his backfield, Dan Marino and Miami's what running game?, Oakland in the 70's, Minnesota and poor Fran Tarkenton.

You gave exact examples of some of the teams and players I was referring to!

I think we're completely on the same page here. I also agree with a lot of your MJ statements and think at this point he is the best of all time, most influential in the sport and most important person in changing how b-ball was played (above the rim all the time and more individual leadership).

There are so many great athletes who never won a title, we'll still remember them for their greatness in their sport.

Yeah I think the Bulls could have one a few without Jordan...not 6 but maybe two.

As for players being good and being good at their position they are two different things. Jordan was good at his position but even better at playing pretty much ever position other than center. His role was basically to be the second point guard, and third foreward. I just think a guard should simply pass more...otherwise become a foreward.

I think roles are changing, positions are changing and most of all individuals are changing. We're now seeing players with abilities we haven't really seen before; Dirk is a good example.

We now have 7ft guys who can play a guard position and we have 6'9" centers who can move incredibly quickly, we also have a guy named King James. He is too big for guards to guard, too fast for forwards to guard and too powerful for any one person to contain. It changes teams' defense and changes the game.

I like seeing these breakout players do things that we haven't seen ever or haven't seen in a long time.