High-rep Squat Contest!!

Where are you guys?

Is this challenge to hard for you disco-pumpers?

Wait, did you say this challenge is for disco-pumpers? Well sign me up then !

Bodyweight: 83 kg

Back Squat: 20 X 84 kg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't tried this yet, but I will soon, so watch out!

I will join in any contest on here, in fact I look forward to them. My legs are getting pretty strong again so I'll be knockin on the door. I also need to give the hanging back contest another go. I think I was in 5th place or something

• 2 weeks later...
Good job, Drummer "Disco Pumper" Boy

I haven't tried this yet, but I will soon, so watch out!

What exactly is "soon" for you, Rob?

The man who walks the day has a point - rob you have been saying that you are imminently going to start squatting for about 4months now!

Jonathan

• 4 months later...

Ah, bringing up an old thread as I just squatted my body weight 25 times yesterday. It was grueling cardio, but worth it.

Its all thanks to Daywalker who was counting for me. He counted in german at first, but only to 5, then he'd start again. And I don't think I would have got the last couple reps without a little encouragement (plus he'd gone before me and gotten 25 at his bodyweight and I couldn't let him beat me ).

Now, lets see who else is up for the challenge!

Would this be with weight or no weight because I could fall asleep doing them with no weight...sometimes I do sets of 50 too keep warm when I'm resting between ab sets at home.

Great that this challenge is revived!

Looking forward to your results!

Sensless, i'm sure you can do a LOT of squats with your bodyweight on the bar!

You're right, you'll feel like puking after it - that's why i never eat anything at least 2, better 3 hours before squatting

Raw Ambition, let's see what you can do! If you love squats, you probably have never tried a high rep set to failure!

I'll go for it on monday

Would this be with weight or no weight because I could fall asleep doing them with no weight...sometimes I do sets of 50 too keep warm when I'm resting between ab sets at home.

Hey VP, read the initial post

It's either the highest weight for 50 reps or the highest reps with bodyweight ON THE BAR!

Only bodyweight squats... i think i could do for ages...

Well I'm out for a bit then...I'm a big weakling when it comes to squats now with all this stupid cycling crap...squatting my weight is tough to do for 10 reps, but then again I've only done 3 sets with my weight this year

Your legs are lean!!! Just like a River Dancer Plus I never said my legs were strong...just big...I pride myself in having the weakest legs pound for pound while haveing the most endurance(non strength of course) for having legs so large.

50 reps with 185lbs = bodyweight!

And I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it myself , best squatting EVER! And it was to parallel. Amazing.

It seems i'm alone on this challenge... nevermind, i'll continue fighting the toughest opponent - myself
True, no one is near your numbers! But more people need to jump in and try it for themselves . Come on everyone! Just because it is so hardcore it makes you want to (or actually) puke, that should be no reason to stay away .

I'll give it a try this weekend. I'll see if I can get a video of the puking this will cause. There is no way I will touch 50 reps, especially coming off of pneumonia. I'll probably just use 225 as I'm too lazy to load the bar to my exact weight.

Regards,

Sensless

I'll give it a try this weekend. I'll see if I can get a video of the puking this will cause. There is no way I will touch 50 reps, especially coming off of pneumonia. I'll probably just use 225 as I'm too lazy to load the bar to my exact weight.

Regards,

Sensless

Aye, this will be tough after recovering from pneumonia

What is your exact weight?

Good luck!

Looking forward to put your numbers up

I'm about 217lbs right now. I'm certainly larger than ever before, but I have a pretty solid power belly to go with the increase on the rest of my body. I am heading back to NX Level (training facility) to start training there twice a week again and that will knock some of the body fat off but I think I will try to maintain 215lb or heavier (shouldn't be hard to do). I'd like to get my bodyfat back around 10% or so. I feel strong at 9 or 10% bodyfat.

Regards,

Sensless

28, good job, Wobbly

Raises you up in the table and puts you ahead of Crystal!

... Crystal, your reaction?

Sensless, much respect for wanting to put 8lbs more on the bar than you weigh. I wouldn't do that For me every pound counts But then, i want to gain weight anyway, so better start using more weight for the bodyweight sqauts also...