The prime cause of Cancer explained here .

Most Vegetarian/vegan are misled about protein on Osteoperosis ( By the China study )

Alcohol is the most significant cause of cancer in Eskimo population . Nothing else .

If the Eskimo population got old enough to get cancer they would but they die too young do to a lousy diet...if everyone in a community went around collecting honey from killer bees as a sugar source you'd notice they would never get old enough to get cancer either. Anyway surely its possible that its the most significant cause of cancer and nothing else because nothing else can be the most significant cause of cancer when one other thing is the most significant cause of cancer. Surely this is a smart ass thing to say but they would still get cancer(assuming the lived a bit longer)

As for veg people being misled about osteoperosis lets look at common sense...people in India that don't eat much if any meat...same with veg populations in Asia simply get less osteoperosis. While westerners suffer from it. Now look at diet. Who eats terrible amounts of protein yet consumes sufficient calcium...well the people with the most osteoperosis do.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not know where you get your common sense from . But Osteoperosis is a pretty big problem in India .

http://www.frontlineonnet.com/fl2101/stories/20040116002010400.htm

http://annals.edu.sg/pdfJan02/LauEMC.pdf

According to estimates, there are about 300 million people with osteoporosis in India. I suspect it may be more - over double the population of Australia. The evidence based on ageing population indicates that there may be a 50 per cent increase in the number of people with osteoporosis in India in the next 10 years. So, this is a huge problem in India.

The results of the Asian Osteoporosis Study suggested

that many lifestyle factors might be associated with

osteoporosis.11 To name a few, these include a low dietary

calcium intake, a sedentary lifestyle, cigarette smoking

and alcoholism.

Protein vital to fight osteoporosis

Edited by escapee

It is but not as bad as here...and if they didn't eat so much ghee, milk it would be even worse...and if you didn't notice yes India does have over double or 100% more of the cases as Australia but if you got some of my common sense you'd realize thats not so bad considering India has well over double the people...in fact they have a whopping 5000% more people....by the way that not 5% more...not 50% more...not even 500%...but 1000% more...no no no 5000% more...sounds like an infomercial doesn't it...too bad these numbers are going up instead of down.

No not really...they have less of a likely hood than much of the west. Plus people in rural areas get fractures far less often than in city populations and pretty much everyone in India lives in a city population. Hence if 90+ percent of our population lived in cities there would be far more fractures and much higher diagnosis...its much like mad cow...in the UK they test a much larger percentage of cows than we do and they have found many cows to have BSE...however we test viturally none so we've found 2 cows(I think but it may be 3). If tests were forced through making it manditory or making people do work to break bones then they would be found to have more brittle bones...remember Indians living in cities aren't sedentary like Americans are.

To this day, not a single scientist is able to disprove and dispute the finding.

I proclaim that every disease are caused by laserbeams from intergalactic spaceships that fly around in a distant galaxy. Now it's up to you to disprove it. If you can't than that must meen I'm right.

Why not listen to people who try to prove things instead of the once just blurting random things out and waiting for others to disprove it?

Good science doesn't work like that. If you have a theory, you try to prove it. It's a slow process that usually doesn't create as spectacular results as fake science based on guesses but it is more accurate.

Again osteoperosis is created by a lack of physical activity. If you sit on your ass all your life and then all of a sudden decides to climb Mount Everest, you'll probably break something. Maybe you break it a little faster if you had alot of meat, some studies seems to indicate this.

I proclaim that every disease are caused by laserbeams from intergalactic spaceships that fly around in a distant galaxy.

Otto warburg was a noble prize winner for his contribution in Biochemisty back in early 20 century. So equating his finding to such a childish fantasy is a little disrespectful to community of science .

Lack of physical activity is one . There are other major causes of Osteo like alcohol abuse, lack of Calcium, lack of Protein, refined sugar, coke and etc

Edited by escapee

You cant explain the problem of Osteoperosis any better than Weston price foundation. They addressed all the contradiction well with great explanation and reference

http://www.westonaprice.org/mythstruths/mtbones.html

The research of Dr. Herta Spencer, of the Veterans Administration Hospital in Hines Illinois, supplies us with clues. She notes that the animal and human studies that correlated calcium loss with high protein diets used isolated, fractionated amino acids from milk or eggs.4 Her studies show that when protein is given as meat, subjects do not show any increase in calcium excreted, or any significant change in serum calcium, even over a long period.5

I proclaim that every disease are caused by laserbeams from intergalactic spaceships that fly around in a distant galaxy.

Otto warburg was a noble prize winner for his contribution in Biochemisty back in early 20 century. So equating his finding to such a childish fantasy is a little disrespectful to community of science .

You stated that science is built up by guesses that others can't disprove, so I gave you an example of such a statement. Both mine and his statement might be true, or not. Since none of them are proven or disproven, when it comes to science, they are of equal value.

You cant explain the problem of Osteoperosis any better than Weston price foundation. They addressed all the contradiction well with great explanation and reference

http://www.westonaprice.org/mythstruths/mtbones.html

The research of Dr. Herta Spencer, of the Veterans Administration Hospital in Hines Illinois, supplies us with clues. She notes that the animal and human studies that correlated calcium loss with high protein diets used isolated, fractionated amino acids from milk or eggs.4 Her studies show that when protein is given as meat, subjects do not show any increase in calcium excreted, or any significant change in serum calcium, even over a long period.5

Oh, yes, the teeth dude... Why am I not surprised...

Did you notice that none of the studies mentioned in the article covered populations on whole-foods plant based diets? Have you read studies that covers the number of fractures in rural China, the Amazon, Africa or wherever where this type of diet is the norm and the people are active? What did they find?

I did not say it's guess . It's scientific discovery established by numerous Otto 's work on the metabolism of cancer. The discovery continues to be confirmed and verified by modern day scientists .

So it's proven then that this is the prime cause of cancer as you stated? Or maybe it's just a theory like many others, like the phytonutrients or antioxidants or fibre or environmental toxins or soy or non soy or veggie vs. animal protein theories. All of these theories have some (or much) science behind them and cannot be disregarded as easy as you say. Again, if you have prior indications from earlier well-conducted studies you can't just disregard them because it's convenient.

Everything you need to know about Vitamin D

http://www.vitamindcouncil.com/

Yes, Vitamin D promotes powerful anti tumor activity. 10 -15 mins daily exposure to summer sunshine appears to be enough as according to experts. ( Requirement appears to be higher for ppl with darker skin )

Combine that with Essential fatty acids (The missing key fats that heal in the over processed modern food ), adequate exercise, rest , the food pyramid recommended by Udo Eramus - The founder of Udo oil blend.

http://www.udoerasmus.com/pyramid/pyr_index.htm

We can only predict a comprehensive victory over the war of Chronic illness.

Ha...I didn't even notice that. This site is cheaper than I thought. Maybe we should make a vegan Spirulina blog stating that with all the vitamins it has...its the only thing you'll need to consume for the rest of your life. If we do this maybe vegans on omnivore forums will will use our useless blog to promote veganism to omnis in a not so accurate fashion.

As a Ex Vegan myself ( almost runied my health going on low fat high carb diet) i'm here to share some critical information that would help fine tuning the vegan diet so that less ppl are falling ill. So dont accuse me of trolling here .

http://www.cancer.org/docroot/NWS/content/NWS_1_1x_Can_Vitamin_D_Prevent_Cancer.asp

http://edition.cnn.com/2000/HEALTH/cancer/08/22/vitamin.d/index.html

Dont shut yourself down to "The china study" or " Eat to live"

Sunlight is all you need to get Vitamin D.

This is insanity...there is no reason to have a low fat vegan diet unless you really want one...you can even go on the Atkins diet vegan style if you want...I've done it before just as a test and I felt like crap but lost weight. Anyway you were never vegan anyhow...what did you do eat baked potatoes for 5 days and claimed you had a stint as a vegan. I've been a virgin for a while after having sex and I plan to be so every time in between the act as well.

Thanks kjtten - this thread does appear to be rather troll-like. But back to the article. What a bunch of unscientific B.S. I won't even address all of the inconsistencies, disproven theories and outright incorrect information that I read. Between my husband and myself we have a few medical degrees, science degrees and nursing degrees (hey, we really liked school); and we found that article to be hilarious!!!!

There were many entertaining parts but our favorite was the example from "House, MD." Using "House, MD" to prove the cause of cancer?!? Too Funny!!!!!! There are millions of asthmatics, smokers and people with heart disease walking around the U.S. at this moment who have had hemoglobin oxygen saturation levels (not O2 blood levels as "House" got wrong, of course) at 94% or less either once or chronically. I assure you that they don't all develop cancer. I'm only going into that example because it's the easiest and most hilarious one for me to remember.

In another decade, we'll move onto another isolated dietary or physiological factor being the "essential" cause of some disease. Human physiology is too complex to explain this way.

Thanks for adding some humor to my day.